Explorer Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright got a chance to get some brand new stock rocker trim for cheap... several have said that it will work on Sports. (these are 4' long) But I want to know of there would have to be a lot of work to get these babies on?

Here's pics:

what do ya'll think

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Do you have the flares over youre wheel? They dont look like they will work with the flares.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
[..]

I dont have them there from a guy in another state.....so no way to "test fit" ?
:

Oh whups, when you posted the pictures I figured you had already received them and that was your own pictures. :doh:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Do you have the flares over youre wheel? They dont look like they will work with the flares.

yeah if you have the bigger flares you need different rocker panels. i have the smaller flares and i got the bigger flares and they didnt fit my rockers so i had to get new rocker panels

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well darn! Yah i got the bigger flares....eh back to the drawing boards....

its k Rob I see what you thought I had said

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
well darn! Yah i got the bigger flares....eh back to the drawing boards.... ?

If they're already on their way, I suggest selling them on eBay if you can't sell them on here or other Explorer boards.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yah I didnt get them...

Looks like I need some like this

but for a 2 door, or I could fab up a 4 door one.

Keep yours eyes open guys.... I need me some

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I think your easiest alternative honestly is just paint your existing ones. What is wrong with those in the first place?? If you persist on not wanting those, then I think your next best bet is to buy the ones pictured above, chop off a section of it, and take the very end piece from the right or left and mold it together to get the correct width. Obviously you'll need to make sure it is very sturdy and molded together professionally.

But again, for how *little* of a difference those sideskirts are from yours, I really do not think its worth it whatsoever. But do what you want

1 - 12 of 12 Posts