Explorer Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recieved my new headlight casings and clear corners and Im planing on getting some new driving lights and corner lights. I dont want any blue headlights maybe some super whites or something. Does anyone recomend any? Also does anyone know where I could get the corner lights I heard about on another thread, they have a blue outerfinish and shine amber, I think I want to get those. Anyone know what the part# for my headlight bulb is? Also does anyone know where I could pick up those, Ive tried looking at an "auto center" type store but they had some generic bulbs that I passed on. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
And if you decide you don't want the bluish appearance that the Silver Star turn signal bulbs have, APC makes a "Titan" series of bulbs where the coating looks almost chrome, and has no coloration at all. I have a set of those in my garage, just haven't gotten around to putting them in yet. They are a little more expensive - about $10 or $12 each

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
You can find the bulb numbers in your owners manual or you can look for them on Sylvania's website.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I've seen "platinum" turn signal bulbs too in the $5.00 price range. They're similar to what jgt is talking about where they light up amber. I'll try to find the link if I can.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you guys I'll check it out on Sylvania's website since I bought my explorer without an owners manual. I really like the sound of the silver stars too, thats what Im looking for is a good clean white. The corner lights I would prefer to light up amber but I might look into others, I just dont want to hassel with it if I get pulled over.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You can also spray a fine coat of hi-temp silver paint on your amber bulbs. They look silver, but light up amber. (similar to the titan bulbs) Also, your headlight bulb # is 9007, and the silverstars work great. Check pep boys they should have them.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got done installing new headlight casings and new clear corners. I bought sliverstar headlights and silverstar turnlights (coated in a bluish pearl but light up amber) and man am I impressed. Those headlights are amazing, the silverstars are freakin bright. The only thing im a little upset with is the light on the corners that stay lit all the time and doesnt blink, upper corner of the light. They didnt have any of the bulbs that style that were coated with that pearl, so instead of putting a amber bulb in (and ruining the "clear" concept) I put in a clear bulb. It looks so out of place. Hopefully they make a bulb I can put in there to match the others. I recommend the Silverstars, best choice I've made in a long time. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that is great!!!!
Got any pics of the setup?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thats cool that it all worked out good for you. Its amazing the difference the Silverstars make, isn't it? And they aren't that expensive. Pretty good bang for your buck.

Don't forget the

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah they werent that expensive, I paid $20 a bulb for the headlights. The only thing that was expensive was the turn signals since there are 2 on each side I needed to buy 2 packs (2 in each) @ $20 a pop, which was pretty expensive for turn signals, but well worth it. In all I spent around $85 total in lights. Not that bad I was expecting a lot more just for the headlights. I will get some pics on here soon, I just need to figure out how to take the flash off the DAMN camera.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well right now I can show yall what I installed and then later show the final product

These are the corners

These are the new headlights

These are the turn signals I installed

These are the headlight bulbs (Terrible picture of it)

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I can only image what the front of your X looks like with all that clearness. It must look wonderful!!!! I really can't wait to see it now!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok here they are at night so you cant really see them all that well. Tell me what ya think..

You can see in these last two pictures what I'm talking about when I say that one lamp in the corner looks out of place. Hopefully I can get it changed soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts