Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made up my mind. I am not 100% pleased with my current leather interior, and I'm going to swap out the front seats so far for the new 01-03 Explorer Sport leather interior seats. These are the ones with seperate headrests, like what Black Magic has. Looks like my ride is going to get a little more custom!

Of course not on purpose, but it really seems like my Explorer is becoming the second generation Black Magic. I don't know what to say, I just share a lot of the same tastes with Matt and I'm taking my truck in the direction that I want it to go. IMO these are better quality seats anyway. I'm just not really thrilled with the leather interior from the 95-00 Explorers!

I'll have to eventually get the "new" rear seats as well. Oh well, one thing at a time.

The one kick in the balls though is what I'm going to be paying for the shipping - it's coming from literally the other side of the world-- HAWAII!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Those are long, long gone.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Damn Rob - are you getting THAT good of a deal that the extra cost of shipping covers them? I know what shipping will be from there...

I like my seats, just wish I had some different covers for them. The leather in mine is starting to look its age, and the sheepskins are getting old.

A few years ago, I could have gotten a set of leather covers from Ford that had "SVT Cobra" monogrammed in them. I paased and am wishing I wouldn't have. Guess I'll end up just sewing my own and having them monogrammed one day...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously that is going to be a big shipping bill!
$100 shipping. The seats are $200. That's quite a deal. I can sell my existing front seats for $200 easy.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess people just don't want to pay the shipping, thats my guess. But if people just did the math.... :roll:

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob that will be great in your X!!! Are you getting the two-tone seats from the 2003 models?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh I wish! No, they are the exact same ones out of Matt's X. But damn would THAT look nice! Oh well I could still have these custom dyed in the center!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Have you thought about just getting leather seat covers after so you can have two-tone seats? I would love to get some Katzkin leather seats in the OEM grey/silve rcolor scheme.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Katzkins are nice, but its practically cheaper to just buy entire new seats.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
That is a hell of a deal

Do you have Mountaineer seats with the side air bag in there now? I thought I saw that in youre pics, you shouldn't have any problem selling the old seats.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I do. Yeah, thats why I know I can definitely get $200 for them. Both are power too.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
For $300 total - you are getting one hell of a deal. There was a guy looking for some Explorer seats on one of the other boards. I'll see if I can find him for you if you are going to get rid of yours.

PM me some info if you want...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My new interior is now complete! I was able to get ahold of the auto parts dealer from Hawaii and they have the rear seats as well available, perfect condition!

Dude this rocks

I now have a 99 Explorer Sport and 01 Explorer Sport hybrid! I have the 01 interior, and dash! And door emblems!

My current interior is going up for sale!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow Rob that is awsome!!! Too bad they aren't '03 seats though. I would have loved to see the two-tone in your X. I'm sure you'd love to see it also. I love my two-tone. Now that you will have the low-back seats with headrests, you can get more screens for your X. I'm sure you will too.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Wow Rob that is awsome!!! ?Too bad they aren't '03 seats though. ?I would have loved to see the two-tone in your X. ?I'm sure you'd love to see it also. ?I love my two-tone. ?Now that you will have the low-back seats with headrests, you can get more screens for your X. ?I'm sure you will too.

I dont think that the 03 seats would work, I think Ford changed the newer seats and the way that the seat belts mount. I was going to install Explorer seats in my Ranger but the seat belts were completley different, the Explorer seat belts mounted to the floor, and the new seat belts were mounted to the seats. The newer seat belts have the pre tensioners for the air bags (at least the rangers do) I ended up taking the seats back and just kept the factors ranger seats.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts