Explorer Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures of the Explorer with no grill guard and no factory stripes!

EDIT: Fixed your IMG code - Rob

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey, looks much better, but here's what you could do that would make it look even better!

- Remove the blackouts front + back

- Remove roof racks, unless you use them

Just my two cents but hey, you're making progress

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Looks much better without the grill guard.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Much cleaner!!!

I'm with these guys on the blackouts and the roof rack.

Would have mentioned the mud flaps, but I'm painfully aware of the kind of crud that you can deal with, especially with the agressive tread on those tires

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Looks good!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks good, I agree loose the blackouts, IMO I dont like the way they look.

It looks much better w/o the cow catcher on the front also.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have also found that the smoke tinted Lexan license plate covers can really help tone down the "license plate from hell".

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey I am thinking about getting the cowl hood from EE. What is your opinion on this?

G

·
What are you thinking, put the GG back on and loose the street stuff!! Crank those tortion bars up and use the 5.0 to its full potential on the trail!!!
J/K Lookin good.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Looks better
(I only like black grille gurads) I think the EE hood would look great

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Man, I had tail light covers and i was doing 100 mph on the interstate and one flew off and it was never found! I need new front black outs cause one of mine are cracked

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
My suggestion: Don't buy any new ones. They're a RIP OFF ($50 a pair!!!), and they constantly crack. Dude, please save your money.

I went through no kidding three sets for the rear and three sets in the front (Thats $300 WASTED PEOPLE!) before I finally said screw it. I eventually even just hated the look. And it's a pain in the ass to have to worry about them A) not falling off B) getting damaged C) and taking them off before its dark

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Hey Rob, get this: I had blackouts on my old S10 when I lived in NJ and I used to remove them to go through inspection. Well, one time, I went through and they failed me because of the clips that held them on. They said they obstructed the headlights. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT???

Damn I hate NJ.

About the taillight covers, chicubs: Just take them off and smoke tint your stock taillights. They'll look similar and, IMO, better.

·
Registered
107 Posts
truck look great! love that exhaust!

yeah dude, loose the cheesy covers, and if you like the tinted look smoke the lights with the can stuff like Explorere street did.

Also, a suggestion... buy a $12 dollar bottle of black matte trim paint from a body shop supply store and paint your fading trim pieces. I did mine 2 years ago, and they look better than when the truck looked new, and much more durable then the 'rubbery' stock coating that comes off when waxed. Just basic sand prep work needed. Its time to spray my tailgate window hinges which i never did...arg, the dreaded fade!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts