Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as most of you know I am currently running Dunlop Grandtrek's on my Cobra R setup. They are still off because we have snow right now! But anyway, a set of 275/55/17 Pirelli Scorpion Zeros are on their way.

I've been very pleased with the Grandtreks, they are certainly good and grip the road great but the guy who had my Cobra R setup before me only put 3,300 miles on the tires (or so he says, but we talked for awhile and he seemed sincere) but he didn't get an alignment after he lowered his Explorer. So the tread was worn down pretty quick on two of the tires and unevenly. The treadwear rating is 400 on the Grandtrek's but he must've taken a big chunk off. The tires have decent amount of tread to go but when I was driving in rain one day most times I would accelerate hard off the line the wheels would "skip" on the road.

Anyway, so once the winter season is over I'll be having these new tires put on! Everyone has certainly had many great things to say about these tires so I can't wait to test them out!

G

·
wow those are awesome tires man....i like the tread on those. don't look like they would do well in snow though...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont need them for snow. These are my summer wheel setup. I run stock for the winters.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Nice thread title.
Those are some nice lookin tires.

G

·
See, aren't you glad you didn't sell your stock wheels and tires? From what I've heard those are decent tires. You should be very pleased!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only reason why I kept them is because I am going to be going to college in an area where I get a lot of snow. If I wasnt going there I would've sold them.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have arrived!

These are so incredible! The tires are phenomonal. My current Dunlop Grandtrek's don't hold a candle to these. I can't wait to have these Pirelli's installed. I can't even imagine how they must handle on the road!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob those look sooo nice!!!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd love to have your Mach1's and I can give you my Dunlops + Cobra R's but then the Pirellis wouldnt fit your Mach1's!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So tempting but I'll pass!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL, alright, It would be to much of a hassle anyway ... But its another story if I head up there! ?8)

Check your PM's

1 - 20 of 36 Posts