Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These new running boards are now available at Explorer Express. They are functional custom molded running boards that replace the stock cladding. All of the mounting hardware is included. They are available in a gray primer color or painted to match.

This is a good way to ditch the gray cladding and add a nice looking integrated running boards.

Primer color ...................$379.95 + shipping

Painted to match............$495.95 + shipping

If you are interested in these running boards for a discount price. We have a group buy going on over at www.mysporttrac.com

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow those looks great John!!!
Are you going to do a kit for the Sport too? I'm just curious. I wouldn't be getting any because I don't need steps to get in or out but I'm sure there would be some people interested in them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New Sport Trac Running Boards Available From Explorer Ex

I knew you were going to ask that! It is not likely that there will be any made for the Sport. It depends on what kind of response we get. I think that an enterprising fellow like Matt (aka Black Magic) could figure out a way to trim it down to size.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Funny you guys say that. It has already crossed my mind. Shorting them would be a breeze, seriously that could be done in half a day. The rear where it goes up onto the body might be a different story. I haven't looked close enough yet. But it might be completly different or exactly the same. If it is different. I could still make it by hand. But if it was the same, the conversion would be gravey!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Funny you guys say that. ?It has already crossed my mind. ?Shorting them would be a breeze, seriously that could be done in half a day. ?The rear where it goes up onto the body might be a different story. ?I haven't looked close enough yet. ?But it might be completly different or exactly the same. ?If it is different. ?I could still make it by hand. ?But if it was the same, the conversion would be gravey! ?

Matt, if these could be made to work with my 2nd generation Explorer, I would buy these and have you make them fit...let me know if you're up for this task because I really would love to have custom "sideskirts"...I really love these running boards because they are way more than just running boards and don't have that plain, boring ford design to them!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Here's a good shot of the rear stock 01+ Sport end:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
WOW those look nice, I will have to tell my Step Mom about those. She needs to do some mods to keep up with my Dad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you going to do a kit for the Sport too? I'm just curious. I wouldn't be getting any because I don't need steps to get in or out but I'm sure there would be some people interested in them.

MMm.. Sport would be tasty. I'd go for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts