Explorer Talk banner

New to the forum

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  BLUEnoEQ 
#1 ·
I just bought an Explorer today. It was cheap, looks nice, has some issues. I will get around to posting in the 2nd gen section soon enough. A few weeks back I had an idea and since I am here, I will share it. The idea is to take a Sport Trac chop and cut it to turn it into a modern version of the Model A ratrod. Take away the bed, fenders, grill. Suicide the rear doors. Keep the headlights and tail lights, But, instead of mounting them to body panels they'll hang from some metal fabrication off the frame or radiator. Mount everything on frame rails low to the ground Engine exposed, sitting behind radiator with some fat wide tires in back, skinnies up front. I believe for this idea to be successful, for it to pull off the look, it has to be recognizable as what it used to be. I would also look at the Plymouth Prowler for some inspiration. It's just an idea, I don't have a Sport Trac, I don't think chopping up a perfectly good vehicle is a good idea. I also don't plan on ever doing this. I just thought someone here might like the idea, however crazy it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.