Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested? We'd have to decide on a date, and of course location preferably convenient for everyone, i.e. a "safe, good area" that is more or less in the middle.

If we can't get enough from all three states then at the very least we have to come up with a Jersey meet! Anyone interested?

Please state an ideal location and timeframe for you so we can get this "show" on the road.

·
Registered
640 Posts
How about gathering at the All Ford Nationals in June? I realize it is more convenient for PA people, but it would be an awsome place to meet and promote the site.

Either way a meet should really happen after all of the winter weather is out of the way. Late spring or early summer.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you give enough advance notice, I would love to attend. I could visit relatives at the same time.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'll have to take up on your idea about the All Ford Nationals. Where exactly is it in PA? I think we should definitely do that. It'd be even more fun with a lot of other cars and whatnot to check out as well.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Carlisle. Just southwest of Harrisburg. Probably about a 4hr trip for you Jersey guys, and a little more for NYers. It would be a great place to meet since the grounds are expansive and they have show categories for 2wd/4wd Ford trucks. I am pretty sure clubs can display together as well which would be apealing for Explorer X members. Dates are June 4th, 5th and 6th. Saturday is the big day for showing/gathering and Sunday is just sorta lame with the awards hand out being the only real activity. Tons of vendors, food, cars, you name it!

Check out www.carsatcarlisle.com for more info and directions.

Last year folks from Explorer Forum were there so we probably wouldn't be alone. Might make for one heck of an X turnout!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I know exactly where you're talking about now. Yes it would be one hell of a trip to get there! But I'm up for it that's for sure. It'd be even better if maybe some Jersey guys traveled together to get there, if that's possible or whatever. It'd be one hell of a highway sight to see too!

Anyways yes I'm definitely down with it. Now I've definitely got a lot of motive to really "polish up" my truck modification wise for the show. I really hope I get a lot of what I need/want to get done in time, I'm sure I will.

·
Registered
640 Posts
You guys could do a "road trip" sort of thing! That would be a cool sight heading down the road.

You know, I'm conveniently located about 25 miles south of Carlisle and I have a large parking lot where we could meet. Get as many here as we can and then make the 25 mile jaunt up to Carlisle and roll in as a huge group. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm down for that. That'd be a really good idea too because that way we all enter in as a group and don't look around for eachother for two hours or whatever, you get the point. I'm definitely down for it. Stupid question but I know my X is gonna get dirty from highway bugs and sh~t like that. I'm gonna have to bring all my cleaning supplies with me

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yeah, it would save on a lot of confusion and allow us to all stay together on the show field as opposed to arriving at different times and getting mixed up. I realize this might not work for everyone but it would be the most ideal way of doing it. There aren't any hotels in my town, but there is a nice car wash with a large detailing area and like I said, I have a large parking lot at my place. I can hook you guys up with motels/hotels that are close to me (within 5-10 miles) and of course Carlisle has plenty. Staying in Carlise would be okay, but we would just have to meet somewhere strange and miss out on the mini-cruise.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That would be cool, but I think its a little far from Texas, thats a good 2 day drive for me..... maybe I would consider it more when I have some more stuff on my explorer to show off...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You would actually drive from Texas? You're nuts!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I would think about it in the future with more mods to my X, plus the closest to NY or NJ ive gotten is Ohio and Florida, and Ive always wanted to check out the East coast...

·
Registered
640 Posts
We are going to need more input from members on this, but if we decide Carlisle AFN's would be the ideal meeting place we will have to work out the following:

What days/how many does everyone want to attend?

1. Arrive Friday, stay through Sunday, head home on Monday

2. Arrive Friday, Attend Saturday, head home on Sunday

3. Just Saturday which = drive, show, and drive a bunch more

Where does everyone want to stay?

1. Camp at showfield

2. Stay in Carlisle hotel/motel

3. Stay near 98X5.0 and participate in pre-Carlisle mini-cruise

4. Wing it on your own.

What other activities would you be up for?

1. Friday night drags that are part of the AFN's

2. Meet for breakfast or dinner?

3. Other suggestions?

Most of this is up to those who would be traveling and of course everyone has differnet schedules and availability. I'm just trying to figure out what the most apealing schedule might be and throw some ideas out for you guys/gals.

EVERYONE GIVE YOUR INPUT!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh, Rob: I'm not trying to hijack the thread you started, I just thought I could really help out on this one. Especialy since the AFN's would be so ideal and offer plenty for everyone.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No actually this is great and a lot better than what I had in mind, keep it rolling! I got to run for right now but I'll respond later with my availability. I have to decide but I might just be a one day only guy.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Here is just a little taste of what Carlisle offered last year. This was even under inclement weather conditions!

Very nice show with PLENTY of things to see.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Come on gang, we need input on this!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Doesn't look like this is going to be very popular since I am the only one replying in this thread...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok I'll be going most definitely however I'm just not sure which day and the other crap. I'd most likely be doing a one day only thing. I have family outside of Scranton so I would just drive there afterwards and the next day travel home.

I really wouldn't want to miss the pre-cruise or whatever but it looks like Saturday and Saturday only is going to be the deal for me. And 98X50 just give it time, I'm sure more people will jump in on this as it gets closer and they have a better idea of what they can do.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts