Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I had to make a super hard decision but I did anyway. I am not going to get those 20's as I had planned. A couple reasons....

I want a performance SUV, and 20's would become a double edged sword. They weigh an assload and the ride will ultimately become too rough. I don't want that.

Second, I can spend the money so many better ways in terms of performance upgrades and whatnot. I WAS going to get a Gibson catback but unfortunately since they do not make one for a dual-inlet, I cannot order one. SO, that means I will be definitely buying headers and most likely a larger diameter MAS.

I have numerous options for what I can spend the money on, it's just a matter of deciding what I really want. But I definitely want performance mods. Show is cool and all but its the downright horsepower and torque that gains the respect.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Ok I say screw buying anything for the SOHC, drop the cash on a 5.0, stuff that *censored* in and go!! No replacement for displacement you know.

Of course I'm sure you'd love to do that but it's not practical and the switch itself would be a pain in the ass. Good luck with the headers and the larger MAS.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Rob, this is just my opinion, but I would wait on the Headers for one of the last things you do.... go ahead and do your MAS, TB, Chip, Exhaust, Cam (if you can) and all the other stuff first b4 you go with the headers.... just my $.02 though.

--Ryan

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm well shoot now I REALLY don't know what to do with my money because they dont make a throttle body for my engine (only for the OHV and V8's of course).

Sigh..I guess I Will just save the money and put it towards the paint.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thats a bummer about the exhaust, Rob. I kind of agree with about not doing the 20s though. Between the added weight, and the low profile tires, they could make a big difference in how the X rides and handles.

Hey, have you ever talked to Morgan-Tec about his custom mufflers?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a bummer about the exhaust, Rob. I kind of agree with about not doing the 20s though. Between the added weight, and the low profile tires, they could make a big difference in how the X rides and handles.

Hey, have you ever talked to Morgan-Tec about his custom mufflers?
I don't want a replacement muffler; I already did that and I have the Flowmaster 50 on. I want a full catback kit. Stainless steel Gibson.

Chad told me that basically if some variables are correct actually I can just replace the catalyctic converter and make it a single out from the catalytic converter back (whereas right now I have a dual out).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts