Explorer Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week i had myself a little project and it was changing my rotors, i was sick of when i hit the breaks it made my x vibrate. it didn't cost much because the brakes were under warrenty and the rotors were about 30 a peice. didn't have much trouble with takin them off....its all really straight forward....look how bad they are...i love my new ones....tell me what ya think...

EDIT: Well i got the pics back....so u can see the horror...

Driver Side Rotor

Passenger Side Rotor

That Rotor was the one that made me change them....it was eatting our brakes and everytime u went to hit the breakes it would vibrate like crazy...

The Nice New Rotors

tell me what u guyz thing....any comments will do...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
OMG 8O

I'm surprised those old rotors didn't just crumple into pieces :surprised: Good thing you got some (well overdue) new rotors!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my brakeing is a thousand times better then what it was and i'm not vibrating to a stop anymore....which is very nice...lol

adam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG 8O

I'm surprised those old rotors didn't just crumple into pieces :surprised: Good thing you got some (well overdue) new rotors!

whata u talking about i only got 87k out of them....lol
....ONLY

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow those old ones were dead!!! The new onces look so much better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was thinking about getting the slotted type but i didn't see were i needed it so i just stuck with the "high preformance" cheepies but they work good and stop me nicely....lol

adam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A&G auto parts....and they were 30 ea and pads are only 60 bucks, at least thats what i got them for

adam

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
In one of my magazines I saw a brake upgrade supplied by www.philinc.com. These brakes were supposedly used on police and emergency vehicles. (they were called 911 brakes extream duty) On 26 Mar 02 I purchased a set $40.28 front 35.70 rear, As of today I am in need of another set they wore out that quick, & needless to say I won't be buying those brakes again.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
In one of my magazines I saw a brake upgrade supplied by www.philinc.com. These brakes were supposedly used on police and emergency vehicles. (they were called 911 brakes extream duty) On 26 Mar 02 I purchased a set $40.28 front 35.70 rear, As of today I am in need of another set they wore out that quick, & needless to say I won't be buying those brakes again.
8O Thanks for the heads up on that!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes, thats very nice to know....i didn't even see that post...lol...sorry man...and i'm getting the rotor pics back up so don't worry u can see the horror once more...

adam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts