Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I'm looking for suggestions for replacing my front bumper on my 97' explorer since I'm getting a 12,000lb winch, the current bumper is bent, and I do a good bit of offroading. I'd prefer something under $400. I can adjust and create a mounting bracket if needed as I do have a mig welder. Are there any Jeep XJ/TJ/YJ or other cars that have bumpers that fit or are close to fitting and look good?

I'm still debating fabricating it myself with my welder but that's a ton of work and would still cost me a bunch for materials. I'd rather buy a $300 or less one and modify it to fit. I see a bunch online for jeeps around that price.

Image from iOS.jpg PvZeUbfz.jpeg

Something like this could be perfect. Do ranger bumpers fit pretty close?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I'm looking for suggestions for replacing my front bumper on my 97' explorer since I'm getting a 12,000lb winch, the current bumper is bent, and I do a good bit of offroading. I'd prefer something under $400. I can adjust and create a mounting bracket if needed as I do have a mig welder. Are there any Jeep XJ/TJ/YJ or other cars that have bumpers that fit or are close to fitting and look good?

I'm still debating fabricating it myself with my welder but that's a ton of work and would still cost me a bunch for materials. I'd rather buy a $300 or less one and modify it to fit. I see a bunch online for jeeps around that price.

View attachment 9518 View attachment 9517

Something like this could be perfect. Do ranger bumpers fit pretty close?

Search Results
Web Result with Site Links

RLCWELDFAB: RLC Welding
www.rlcweldfab.com

I bought both front and rear bumpers from RLC, and am very happy with both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wound up buying an XJ bumper and making custom mounting brackets for it. Worked real nice! Now I'm trying to figure out how to find/make a custom skidplate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts