Explorer Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JBL amp in the trunk of my 94' X. A few weeks ago I got a Sony Mp3/Cd radio player installed. But, was not the stereo of my choice. Was getting a JVC Mp3/CD radio player. Wasn't able to because of my JBL Amp in the back.

I am not very knowledgeable in this area of my car. I am having a really bad speaker sound from where the JBL Amp is, but their is a speaker right there. I was wondering if it was the speaker or the amp, and also what should be done about it. My bass is sounding really bad(thinking may be because of this problem)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Check your RCA Connections. If one of them is unpluged you will get half the bass and quialty you are suppose too. Also make sure the positive and negitives are hooked up right.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i didn't have anything done to it as far as I know. Should be the same as the day it was made. Not sure if the audio installation guys mesed with it when installing my cd player..but it was that way be4..just seems to be gettin worse.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Right click on the pic and copy the picture and paste it in the address bar to see the pic.

That's the Ford/JBL system. Did you bypass the system?? If not, then there's a bypass harness you can get to bypass the stock system and use your Sony HU's amp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts