Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Forman

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about this GrillCraft grille for 2nd generation Explorers:

I figure, it's already black so it'd be cheaper then me powdercoating my existing billet grille...and it'd just be different since everyone basically goes billet. As much as I really love the billet grille look I think I'd rather have an all-around black look and this GrillCraft would be the perfect solution.

What do you guys think, stick with the EE billet grille or get this GrillCraft?

Also if I do decide to get the GrillCraft, anyone want to buy the billet grille off of me?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I say that they you should stick with the billet grill! I do not like the black look of that grill! But it is up to you man!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Stay with what you got.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I added that for the hell of it, I always like to include comedy in as many things as possible that are appropriate :D

I'm leaning towards the GrillCraft because I want a complete "blacked out" look for my Explorer, and this would do it! We'll see though!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Yeah I added that for the hell of it, I always like to include comedy in as many things as possible that are appropriate :D

I'm leaning towards the GrillCraft because I want a complete "blacked out" look for my Explorer, and this would do it! We'll see though!

So you think you're funny huh?

Personally i like the factory grill just fine, the billet style came and went. And now it's gone forever.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You really think the billet style is gone already? I think its way too premature to make that kind of statement.

The factory grille is plain and dull, but since you have the XP8 grille (the two tone looks really good) you're in a league of your own. No wonder you like it

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Nope it's gone, it was a fad. Some people know how to dress and what the style is for clothes, i am the same just with cars. If it was going to stick around they would of began putting billet grills in from the factory. You could of done the factory grill in 2-tone.

There was a time i liked billet grilles, just not anymore. Don't get me wrong people will still put them on, but they are getting filed under my list of mods to not do.

I like the grill you posted up there better than a billet. I'm guessing it's too late for stock for you. So that one may do.

Photochop one onto your truck so i can get a good look, i realize the black on black will be tough on a photochop. Then we will discuss what color it needs to be painted, i'm thinking a dark dark gray, just off the top of my head. Nothing bright, but it also needs to be distinguished between the rest of the truck.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll try the photoshop but as you pointed out and it should be pretty obvious, it's going to be next to impossible to do.

Just out of curiosity, what are "hot" mods right now, aesthetic wise would you say? I'd just like to know your ideas are. BTW Ford dealerships *kind of* have the billet grilles out of the factory. Like the F150 Harley Davidson Edition, the Lightning (not the new one) kind of has a similar style to a billet grille (although its obviously not)... But I see your point, and thats a very good one. I never really thought of that.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Right now, i've been feeling the totally clean look the most, it's timeless, meaning it will look good forever.

Solid paint scheme, nice five stars, No plasitc junk.

Your doing pretty well with your truck so far.

You'll see as you get older, you can pick out the cars and trucks decorated by highschool students. Because they are littered with budget mods from pepboys and autozone. I understand being broke, but you have to take the less is more theory into consideration. Majority of times lowering nice rims and debaging is enough on the outside.

Some times i thank the lord i was broke in highschool, so i couldn't afford some of the more horendous ideas i had in mind. Thankfully i'm the type that thinks things over for like six months before doing it.

Explorers don't have alot of hot exterior mods, lack of aftermarket makes it that way. Best thing is to make it clean and mature looking.

Here's a few examples of peopes truck i really like:

Jamest

Harman

BM

Tas

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Not bad, i kind of like it. Buy it. I'll check it out in person, and you can sell which ever one you don't like.

BTW, get rid of those fog lites. And don't give me that bull about "they help me see at night". I own an explorer, i know how well the lights work.

Remove the badge on the new grill, and put a ford one in the center, i'd like to see that. See if we can make it look factory.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not bad, i kind of like it. ?Buy it. ?I'll check it out in person, and you can sell which ever one you don't like.

BTW, get rid of those fog lites. ?And don't give me that bull about "they help me see at night". ? I own an explorer, i know how well the lights work.

Remove the badge on the new grill, and put a ford one in the center, i'd like to see that. ?See if we can make it look factory.
Hey Joe thats a really outdated picture:

1) Those POS fogs have been long gone

2) The lower billet grille is gone

3) Bug guard is gone

I will def. remove the badge on the new grille, I dont like it, and I'll also see how the Ford badge looks on it. I kind of like the no badge look but we'll see.

muncheese, thanks a lot for the AWESOME photochop! You did a really nice job. I tried myself and it looked bad.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont know, i think without the Ford badge it looks so much better + cleaner...

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
It's a tough call, it would have to be seen in person.

IMO the ford badge is part of owning a ford. Too clean and you become generic.

But i'm not saying yes or no for it yet.

BTW, good photochopping muncheese.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow muncheese great photochop!!!
I like that new grille more than I thought I would and although I'm a fan of billet grilles, too many people are starting to have them. Rob have you thought about taking out the blue in the Ford emblem? I think the new grille would look great with a chrome Ford emblem or you could get a black emblem to go with your black theme.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts