Explorer Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered the edelbrock shocks for lowered explorers from explorer express. in the coming weeks i am taking the torsion bolts out, 2 inch blocks on rear, putting new shocks on, getting 20's put on, and getting it aligned. alot of money but worth it

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
That will all look awesome! What wheels are you going to get? You're totally repainting your Explorer too btw right?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Gimme a price on that paintjob, 97xsport.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im gonna see what my financial situation is after this stuff. the guy i talked to about painting it said around $1,500 without the inside of the door jams and stuff, and around $2,000 for inside the jams. the wheels i'm getting i think are called hypechrome. i'll find a picture

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
im gonna see what my financial situation is after this stuff. ?the guy i talked to about painting it said around $1,500 without the inside of the door jams and stuff, and around $2,000 for inside the jams. ? the wheels i'm getting i think are called hypechrome. i'll find a picture

Just $2,000? Is he going to clearcoat it as well? That's rediculously cheap. My friend just had his hood and passenger side fender repainted and that cost around $800-1000 alone.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow. im not sure about the clearcoat. i know the guy pretty well. this might be put on hold for a while though after the rims and tires and shocks and stuff. anyone with 20's how far is your speedo off? also, anyone that put blocks on, i just want to clear something up: you take the 4 spacers out completely, and put the blocks on top of the leaf spring right? because if you would leave them on, it would even your suspension out and it wouldnt look lowered at all right?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Rob, from what I understand, it's actually cheaper to get your whole car painted. When I say cheaper, I mean rather than piece by piece since they already have the paint mixed/loaded.

The thing I'm worried about is the prep work. Since my paint is chipping, it needs to be stripped off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts