Explorer Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While taking my vehicle to get it's checkup for registration the guy noticed my tie rod ends the outer ones that connect to the hell can't think of the name but where it links to the front tire's on both sides mine seem to be bad. Anyway I am going to purchase them from past experiences I know you have to have a press to get them out that is not a problem have an entire shop at my disposal. My question for all you people that have done the X spec lowering kit are these involved in it at all? No I don't have the lowering kit but am thinking I might as well buy it because I am going to have to have a front end alignment after this anyway. Quick feedback is good and if anyone knows the cost for the outer tie rod knuckle's and if there is any variation in the 1994 1995 model year between the two, I would call a parts store but I am at work in Belgium so I can't call the US from these phones. I will take a pic when I get home if it isn't too dark of exactly what I am talking about if anyone is confused.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Good idea to lower it at the same time so you don't have to get 2 alignments. As far as the tie rods go, they usually don't need to be pressed out, but hammered out with a fork, although most will come out by banging the side with a heavy hammer. Note: They more than likely won't come out if you try to smash them downward, which would be the natural thing to do.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have access to a complete craft shop everything except a dyno and a front end alignment setup. If we were stationed in Germany I think Baumholder still has a front end alignment shop. None the less 500 dollars for all the things from EE today also taled to John about a supercharger for the wife's mustang so he is going to look into it for me. So XP8 when's the big change in pulley going to happen ? or just don't feel like spending all that cash right off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts