Explorer Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a little water leak comin from my over head on the drivers side right by the door.. the water seems to be comin in pretty quick. in liek 20 min the one corner was pretty soaked.. any of u 3rd gen guys have any leak problems or were do u think its comin from?i thought maybe it was comin in from the little holes in the sun room idk maybe the seal broke or soemthign but i sealed it but a week ago and the leak was gone for about a week threw 2 rain storms didnt show up. then once i was driving in the snow today yes we got snow blaaaa hate it.. the leak came back started drippin all over me.. i was drivin on the parkway doin liek 50 and rippin apart my panels while drivin to try to figure out were its comin from pissin me off... please help.... in the pic u can c how big it is in just 30 min of driving...
theres a think part were theres water then a huge outer layer were its not as wet....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Question #1 - Are you still under warranty? If so, let Ford figure it out, and they would also have to replace the water damaged pieces.

I haven't spent a lot of time crawling around in my sunroof, because I've never had any problems with it, but usually the sunroof opening has a couple of little holes in the rear of the opening which are actually drains for any water that gets down in the track area. Maybe the holes, or the tubes that drain down from the holes, are clogged up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
idk maybe but yea im out of warrenty wich sucks so much ill have to have my dads friends check it out hes got a auto body shop.. maybe he can do soemthign idk..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Seems like the sunroof and the roof rack are about the only two places you'd think that water could get in up that high.

Good luck getting it all figured out quickly and cheaply!! Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Susie maybe he's past 36,000 miles??
: I thought that was interesting too how he is out of warranty. I haven't had any problems with my moonroof yet. *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok guys found the leak pulled the car in the garage and found it i was pouring bottles of water everywere till i found out were it was comin from..it was comin in threw the sun roof found out were and sealed it so were all good.. susie i got a 02 and im liek at 38,000 and wishin i bought the extented hahah..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Great to hear you got it fixed up, and apparently it didn't cost you anything, so thats cool, too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha yea i did of driving use to put liek 500 a weekend on it traveling up north jersey every weekend to c the ex g/f and go skiing in the winter..

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
North Jersey? Where are you from?

(my attempt at destroying another thread
)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts