Explorer Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Martin
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Explorer that is Metallic Charcoal Gray and I noticed some bubbling of the paint on the front edge of the hood about a 1 1/2 years ago (I bought it used 2 years ago). Ford said it was no longer covered by warranty, so I have not fixed it yet.

Since that time I have noticed the same bubbling on 2 other Explorers, Has anyone else had this issue. It seems to me it could be more than just my vehicle.

·
Martin
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Class Action Law Suit

I just read this morning that there is a class action law suit on aluminum hood corrosion on the Ford Explorer.

I guess I am not the only one with this problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 same thing dealer said too bad not covered. Between the door panel issues and the hood and other recalls this is the last Ford for me. After 49 years as a ford man and a dad who retired from ford its sad to say.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Weeback. I've driven Fords most of my life. I've had other brands of cars and Trucks. Nothing has ever come close to the Fords that I have owned. I've had issues with a 90 Bronco, enough to send most folks to the dark side. I made a few people nervous when I showed them a letter concerning their dealership and service dept. Got taken care of. My Explorer had paint bubbling on the hood, caught it before the 3 year, 36K warranty ran out. Painted the hood. If you want to go to a different brand of car or truck, consider this, they all have their own problems too. Think they'll treat you any better than your Ford dealer? Probably not. sorry for the long reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had that same issue on my 2017 back in April of this year. Ford replaced the hood on mine. No issues since then other than $6500.00 in hail damage a month later. Got that fixed too by insurance and looks as good as new!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem on a 2005.
Tried doing some small touch ups and when I removed the masking tape, they became large touch ups.
Does not look like they did a good job prepping the primer for the paint.
The primer underneath still looked good.
The bottom of the back passenger doors were also rusted away.
Looks like it retains water there.
Old water ran out when I jacked it up in front?
Might want to check?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bubbling Hood

As I stated in an earlier post, my Dealer fixed my Hood. Problem came back and they are now going to replace my hood. It was a long fight with Ford, who wanted to do nothing. Brandon Ford in Tampa FL is going to do the right thing. They are going to replace my hood themselves. This is why I stay with Ford, might not the Corporation's policy's, but my Dealer takes care of me. Kudos to Brandon Ford and their Service and Collision Dept's who made this come about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts