Explorer Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm getting a black front bumper brand new so that's out of the way. But As far as painting the rest of my trim panels black and including the rear bumper - how much would it cost ballpark wise to get it professionally painted black?

I'm trying to make sure I can allocate enough funds in time for the All Fords National meet
. That's really going to be the one mod that will happen right before then. By that point I will have the X-Spec suspension kit on, my Cobra R's, sideskirts, EE front airdam, EE hoodscoop, and that's probably going to be "it" although thats one hell of a mod lineup in one short time frame!

So anyway if you guys know how much this is going to cost, please let me know.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I was quoted 1500 for the front bumper, side moldings, and step bars. If I took the parts off myself, I could get it done for around 700 dollars. I find it more worth it to go through all the pain of removing the flares. On explorerforum I have heard of people who have done ot for 600. This bodyshop where I got this estimate is the most expeisive one I have been to though. It should be a little less If you don't have to to the front.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm...cool and thanks. I would definitely remove everything myself, wouldnt want to leave my truck there anyway.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
yah I went for an est. on getting my trim/rear bumper/part above my license plate/mirrors/and side steps done.... $500

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's it? Damn. I know one bodyshop near me really freaking well and I'm sure I could even get a nice discount so for $500 I'm all over that. I of course wouldn't need to get my mirrors painted though.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
yah I went for an est. on getting my trim/rear bumper/part above my license plate/mirrors/and side steps done.... $500

8O That is quite a deal, I should check a less expensive place I know of that does a great job.

I am planning on painting my rear bumper and step bars myself in the next year because the bars are rusting and there is a scratch on the bumper. Road salt is bad

·
Registered
303 Posts
i personally would do it myself. all u gotta do is take a few screws and bolts out. although i have access to a paintgun so all i would have to do is pay for paint which i can get a discount from a friend who works at a ford dealer

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'm actually doing all that this week... i took the side steps off today... degreased and sanded them... i'm going to hit them with a coat of black bedliner... thinking of just doing the same to the front and back bumper... i'm trying it all out on the steps though first... wish me luck.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Lol, I was reading this thread and I was thinking to myself...doesn't Rob already have all those mods on his X?! 4 years later...of course he does!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4 years later, I'm still rockin gray trim panels...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Lol, I was reading this thread and I was thinking to myself...doesn't Rob already have all those mods on his X?! 4 years later...of course he does!!

haha +1 Myles, I was really confused at first.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hurry up and paint them so they can match your new computer.
Yeah you're right I sure do have a thing for black, everything looks better in black.

My iPod nano is black too so it matches my MacBook too.

My 360 needs a paintjob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts