Explorer Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new here and forgive me if this question has been asked, but searching yielded nothing. My wife has a 2014 limited and we recently noticed that the passenger side front door will not lock. We can lock the car, wallk in the house leave the key and come back out and just the passenger front door is unlocked. Of course the alarm goes off and all, but it's just not locking. Anybody ever seen this one before?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It's not common on a vehicle so young but random things do fail. Pop the door panel off, listen to hear whether the lock is engaging when the remote or buttons for it are pressed, and/or measure whether 12V is getting to its connector with a multimeter.

Probably needs a new lock mechanism, or maybe just frayed wire in the rubber boot that goes from the body to the door in the hinge area.

I assume you've visually noticed that the door does close securely otherwise, not misaligned and only partially closing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can hear the mechanism actuate and the lock pin, lever or whatever that pops up and down is even working. I'll have to take the panel off and see what's up. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts