Explorer Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old battery barley started my truck a couple days ago, so i knew it was time to get a new one.. i got an autocraft gold 850 CCA at the local advance auto parts store.. paid for it with paypal right on their site and sent my wife to go get it at the store so i could put it in at my work...

it came $102 after tax and that is with the 10$ off online coupon code i used on their website, and the core refund i got back also which was $12 after i brought them my old battery back so they could recycle it ..

my old battery (autocraft silver) was exactly 4 years old, to this month! how crazy is that, plus there was a ton of heavy usage on that battery, extreme hot/cold temps, and all the draw on it from my electronics.. plus the old one had a lower CCA.. around 600 700... so i'm happy my new one is at 850 CCA

here are the pics of the new one...

this is the old one..

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! amen to that..

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'll probably be due for a new one soon, picked one up at Walmart back in '03. Even with my sound system, electric fan and such it still works great. I'm surprised it's lasted this long, but I guess Louisiana weather isn't as tough on a battery as some places.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts