Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for wheels for my 2002 explorer and not finding much so if u could post some pics and info like what offset your running I would be grateful.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Try the photo galelries on this site, user vehicle pages over on FXN, or cardomain pages.

Here's a couple shots of mine. I have AT Italia Presa wheels that I got from TireRack. They are 18 x 8 1/2, with a +38mm offset which keeps them inside the fenders. I am running 275/55/18 Michelin CrossTerrain tires, which are a little bigger in diameter than stock. I have no rubbing issues at all.

The Mach 1 replicas would look really nice. I don't know of anyone who has tried them on a 3rd gen, so the sizing an offset would be a question. They seem to usually be an 18 x 9 with about a +24mm offset, which would come clsoe to sticking outside the fender, if thats an issue for you.

The Cobra R replicas are really nice. I think dwtc is running those on his now. He used to have some bullitts on his, that I really liked.

There are some guys running some nice looking 20s. Look at Sarek's, Flik's, and Anabloic Frolic's for examples.

There's a guy on FXN, svosho, who is looking at some really nice Fittipaldi wheels for his Mountaineer.

Good luck, and have fun!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i've been looking at mustang wheels but its the MOST mustang wheels fit that scares me not a screw up i can afford to make.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I had these on my 03 without any spacers or problems, they are 17"

I had these on my 2000 Mountaineer awd, they are 16's and fit great with the factory tires

I have the 17x9 Eagle (corba R replica) on there now

I am selling all 3 sets and the R's have tires with them. I have never had a rubbing problem

Back to the stocks, these will be for sale also.

and these 15"

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Brad you're selling your current Cobra R's right now? Are they 255/17's?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
So, what are you going to put on there now, Brad???

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Brad you're selling your current Cobra R's right now? Are they 255/17's?

Yes, 255/60 R17 Toyo Proxes S/T (great tires
)

Jeff I am getting the Cobra R in Chrome in the 20" I really like the look of the wheel but I think it will look better in Chrome, I wasnt happy with the silver wheel on my silver X with the grey bottom (too many different colors going on)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Brad I sent you a PM about your Cobra's. I am looking to buy those from you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts