Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of mpg do you get:

city

highway

For me, with a V6, I get

city=12

highway=18

Any suggestions how to improve this ?

BTW - Is there a way to set up a poll in this forum ?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well, I don't really do any "city" driving, but I average about 17mpg. Sometimes I manage 18 if I am easy on the gas and run my chip on the 87 octane setting. This really hasn't changed from what I pulled with a completly stock truck. KKM intake, headers, exhaust, Apten chip, Much heavier wheel/tire package, and I still pull the same numbers. I don't think it is too bad for a relativly heavt truck with a V8. My old Ranger STX was lighter, had a weak 2.9 V6, but could pull 21-22mpg. Ill give up 3-4mpg for the creature comforts and V8 power!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I get about 13-14 city and 20+ on the highway.

Only Admins can setup polls and I will glady set up the poll for you.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
15.5 city (yes, exactly 15.5; that's what the computer always says)

19 highway

This is a lot better than some V6's, as I've noticed on other sites when this question is asked. I don't know why, really, other than that I keep it tuned up an running properly.

To clarify, I chose "Over 16 MPG city but less than 20 MPG highway" simply because I actually do get 16mpg fairly often.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Everyone feel free to vote now.
If there is a problem with the poll let me know.

·
Registered
566 Posts
The polls only for V6's?? Well I get crappy gas mileage, I get around 11 MPG in the city, I dont remember what I was getting when I drove the 2,500 miles to get here. But my mileage sucks, it may be because of my AWD??

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Yes it is because he has a V6 and is asking about V6 mileage, not V8 mileage.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey Eric, what size tank do you have, since I think I might have the same size?? The most I've ever put in was close to 19 gallons, and I thought it was getting pretty empty.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
20.8 gallons so that sounds about right. If I let it get down to where the computer is saying I have less than 50 miles left, it's normally about 18 or 19 gallons to fill.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Just another thing that will eventually break. It has an oil life counter thingy too but I never use that. I think it goes by 7500 mile oil changes, though.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
It has an oil life counter thingy too but I never use that. I think it goes by 7500 mile oil changes, though.

You can change that down to like 5,000 or 3,000 miles. It's in the manual I believe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For those getting > 16 MPG city, can you recommend anything for me to change ?

Are you 4WD or 2WD ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
[..]

You can change that down to like 5,000 or 3,000 miles. ?It's in the manual I believe.
Ah....I'll check on that. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
For those getting > 16 MPG city, can you recommend anything for me to change ?

Are you 4WD or 2WD ?

Thanks.
Well, basically, you want to keep it tuned up (plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc.). I hear using synthetic oil (I use Mobil1) will help your mileage a little bit but I don't see a difference. Mostly, it has more to do with driving style than anything. If you're flooring it at every light, forget it. Drive conservatively as much as possible and that will help tremendously.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts