Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see 'em! I finally have something that I be proud enough to show you guys. I spent over an hour today cleaning the entire thing with tons of Simple Green!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, here's with the flash on. I guess I just liked the effect the first image had

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Man, I really need to get some new pics...

It has changed a little, but not too much....

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now THAT is clean! And MEAN looking!
Oh and is it just me or are superchargers starting to look like Rockford Fosgate amps???!!!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Here is mine the day after I picked up the X from the dealer on it's first full day home. I wish it was still this clean.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK you definitely put mine to shame :sad: Then again since I have just over 50k more miles on my engine than yours, I'd say I'm doing dayam good
;-)

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob your engine is cleaner than mine. I'm embarrased to show what it looks like. It's all dusty and looks like it's been through a couple years. That's due to all the dust from the construction across the street.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Both of yours look 10 times better than mine. But I still think it looks good for 168,000 miles...

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Want to know something scary? I don't know what half the stuf under the hood does with the exception of the engine and the oil stick and tanks for washer and radiator fluid. I usually open the hood and go "Wow look at all the wires and cool looking thingies."

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both of yours look 10 times better than mine. ?But I still think it looks good for 168,000 miles... ?
WOW....well hey with 168,000 I think you're allowed to have some nasty grime underneath the hood :D but a clean engine bay at that number is certainly impressive!

BTW I will have to do some more cleaning underneath there, i.e. armor all the rubber/plastic, and take some daytime photos!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
[..]

WOW....well hey with 168,000 I think you're allowed to have some nasty grime underneath the hood :D but a clean engine bay at that number is certainly impressive!

Very true!!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Wow good job Rob, you must have cleaned youre ass off today.

I love that superchager CobraXP and that looks mighty clean
8O 168000 miles, damn that is real clean 8O

Ryan youres looks nice, I hope you are keeping it clean, most people dont bother to clean under the hood, you gotta keep all those wires and cool looking thingies clean

Here is mine, not a very good pic :uhoh:

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Here is what the engine currently looks like:

Not too bad but I'm afraid I'll brake something while cleaning under the hood.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Thanks guys! I've got some cleaning to do along with some polishing myself. Basically waiting for the weather to clear so I can opent he hood and do some 'adjustments'...

The cleaning in the pics was done with a water hose and a bottle of Greaded Lightning. Coated the engine in G.L. - then took the water hose and washed it off. Never touched a part...
Wonder what it will loko like this summer?!?!?!?!

Looks good 96! I've got the same intake tube (Mac) on mine right now, but I am about to have to cut it down some to make room for the MSD again....

·
Registered
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice and clean Wilson
That MAC intake looks great

1 - 20 of 50 Posts