Explorer Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had problems with their power windows on their x? My passenger side is acting up like whoa, and I always roll my windows up when parked. The window will go down without a problem. Going up it only goes up once in a while. Any ideas? I dont think its the motor cuz it goes down fine just not up lol

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I would say it could be a switch. Does the problem occur when you try to close the window with either of the passenger window switches?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
for no reason at all my left rear wouldn't go down, and sometimes wouldn't go up. Did that for 2 weeks and i haven't had the slightest problem with it since. Don't know what the problem is, but if it can fix itself temporarily does that narrow it down

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
for no reason at all my left rear wouldn't go down, and sometimes wouldn't go up. Did that for 2 weeks and i haven't had the slightest problem with it since. Don't know what the problem is, but if it can fix itself temporarily does that narrow it down
our 05 does that too...i think theres something wrong with the child lock for the windows...idk i messed with it and that fixed it temporarily.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say it could be a switch. Does the problem occur when you try to close the window with either of the passenger window switches?

Nope, does the same thing with both switches....nothing lol. But I was looking on ebay for window motors and came across some bushings or something and according to the seller extreme heat or humidity or both will cause the windows to not work properly. And it has been really hot and humid here the past 3 or 4 days.

But like everyone said it is not intermittent. But I wont roll it down all the way cuz some/most of the time it dont go back up. I am going to clean up the ground a lil later and get back with my findings

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nope, does the same thing with both switches....nothing lol. But I was looking on ebay for window motors and came across some bushings or something and according to the seller extreme heat or humidity or both will cause the windows to not work properly. And it has been really hot and humid here the past 3 or 4 days.

But like everyone said it is not intermittent. But I wont roll it down all the way cuz some/most of the time it dont go back up. I am going to clean up the ground a lil later and get back with my findings
On the Gen 2 and 3 xploders, the harness flexes in the door hinge. My 04 xlt had intermittent window operation for several months as the control wires started to crack. Eventually, wires broke for the door motor and the speaker's in both the front driver and passenger doors. I suspect you are looking at the same issue.

Astrobuf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts