Explorer Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Long time reader, first time poster. I know you have discussed this before but I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know how to fix a rear window wiper that only wipes half the window? Thanks. 8)

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Bend it, you can get it to hit the whole window, but it has to be perfect.

But be careful, bend it too much and it will get stuck on the bottom edge of the window.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I believe Ford had a recall for this problem. Check with your local dealer about it and I'm sure they can replace it. Once mine was replaced I never had the problem again.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Mine just got messed up since when its not in use it gets hit when I close the window. Very annoying because it hardly wipes anything now

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Yes Ford put a TSB out on that problem. The dealer will replace the spring the wiper arm so it puts more pressure on the glass.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the TSB number (15155) now we will see what the my dealer will do about it. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$28 for a new and improved wiper arm or $0 and just bend the arm a little. Gee let me think....

Yeah, bending the arm a little works just fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can you guys tell me why my Sport has this nice little place for my rear wiper to set in at the edge of the glass but will not work if you put it in it? I have to set the wiper on the glass, and even then it only works half the time.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
switch to 2-ply, greater absorbency will solve all your wiping problems!

I'm just relieved to know I'm not the only one that found an alternative meaning to the title of this thread

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
When the Ex was at the dealer getting serviced, I asked them to fix the wiper. All they did was bend the arm, and I didn't really like the idea. It pressed up against the hatch too tightly and could scratch the paint. I am pulling the fuse on that thing soon. I hate it, so I will shave it.

Took you guys a while to comment on the title...

I thought of the comment immediately when I saw the title. I must have a screwed up mind I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts