Explorer Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want some mud flap's for winter to try to keep crap off my truck i would only have them on during winter and i kinda like these but i think it might make the truck look to low? what do you think?

NOTE yes my truck lok's stock..when it's parked the air bag's drop it back to parked hight

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't like them either. Too cheap looking for that ride. Then again, you said you just want to use them for winter so they would certainly serve a functional purpose. Then again AGAIN, winter in Alaska is what, 9 months?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sorry to say yours I do not like.

Mine I do like.

Check out my gallery pic 3/14 I made them myself, you can only see the rears, I also made ones for the front (same material) but I see I don't have any pics up of those. My wife bought me a Digital Camera for my B-day I will need to break it in.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I don't like them either. Too cheap looking for that ride. Then again, you said you just want to use them for winter so they would certainly serve a functional purpose. Then again AGAIN, winter in Alaska is what, 9 months?

I couldn't have said it better

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't like it. Looks like an afterthought, which is not good at all. Try to find the Ford made molded ones specifically for your rig. I bought a pair from Ebay and it's pretty nice.

Here's a pic of it:

This pic was taken long ago. It's shinier now b/c I use Eagle One's Vinyl Conditioner.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i get the molded ones i plan to have them painted

i don't know i was thinking maybe get somne small plane black ones like on the front to put on the back

winter only goes from OCT-MAY

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
So, it's 7 months. Boy, I was waaaaay off. I couldn't live somewhere like that and I'm someone who used to go all winter in NJ without wearing a coat.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I have stock mud flaps that are black and say Explorer in white lettering. I think they look ok

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yes, with white lettering they look fine.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
It's ok. I would like the white lettering look better but they don't look too bad with the blue oval.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm i need to go do some testing on the slush we call out driveway

im still on the fence i kinda like them..but i don't know i think i may get some small just black ones like the front and try them?
:

i will take some day light pic with it lifted so you guy's get a good look at them

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you billy..i don't know if i will get any right now i think i found a 98-01 hatch so i might be in dept for along time

i decided to take them off it make it look to low but they did keep ALOT of slush off the truck so i might have to go with some molded ones at a later date

i likr this look better 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts