Explorer Talk banner

Putting a 4th gen front on my 3rd gen 2003 Explorer?

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Stillaford 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to make my 3rd Gen Explorer look like this (See Pictures). Is there any way to replace the front of the 3rd Gen with the front of the 4th gen?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's one of the nicest 4th gens I've seen. Back in the day this was a huge discussion on 2nd gens with Ranger clips and the issues were always the shape of the leading edge of the doors and the window cowling area. I would get your truck side by side with a 4th gen and start picking out the differences. I'm sure if you're committed to some fabrication and possibly body work it could be done, but I doubt there's an option to directly bolt on.

#4 ·
Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy and kind of forgot about my post.. :oops:

But anyway, that is a good idea. I really want to get a 4th gen because they don't really make many aftermarket parts for the 3rd gens and I think they look better. If it would be a hassle I probably wouldn't mess with it. I might sell my 3rd gen and get a 4th gen. The body work sounds like a great expense. I'm not sure what to do lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.