Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got done messing with the rear seats, I finally found a console that seems to work (The one that comes in the 04's is over $600.00 so I went with a used Windstar console) I think I am going to have it painted the darker grey.

Edited to make pics work.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Mine too. That looks awesome. I like it better with the center console back there.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Excellent, Brad!!!

That really looks incredible

·
Registered
171 Posts
WHAT!, thats nuts. really cool! that windstar console works out nicely, but like u said, it could stand to be a lil darker in color. hehe id also probably keep the fact that it came from a windstar on the down-low. People dont need to know that lol

Otherwis,

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That looks great!!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wow that is super impressive Brad. Better interior customization than mine!! Dude that totally rocks. It looks completely factory. I give you major props. Enjoy the leather!!!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:thx: everyone

Autotek Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:54 am ? ?Post subject: Re: Quad Bucket seats ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?

That really looks great. Did you have to fab up any brackets to mount the rear seats? ?

No fabricating, they are made for the 04 Mountaineer and bolted right in, I just had to move a couple of studs in the rear floor and plug up a couple of holes, the holes were even in the floor so I got lucky and didnt have to do any drilling.

I did have to fab the center console but it didnt take much and turned out pretty well.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I said it once and I'll say it again, fantastic job. Just looks way too damn good.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the rear console painted, it's just a little dark but I may just leave it alone, the painter had trouble with the color that the paint company send, it was way too light and he had to tint it and didnt have the vehicle there to have anything to go by for the color match, I think he did a GREAT job for not having anything to go by.

That Windstar consloe fits real well, I think I like it better than the one that comes with the quad seats (I know I like the price much better anyway
)

I still have to order the left rear seat belt then it will be done

Here are some pics of how the seats fold (If I had the 3rd seat I would need this to work. I had to make the panel behind the seat that fills in where the rear floor ends and it drops down to the middle of the floor, the carpet is close to matching, it's just that stuff that comes in a roll at the automotive department (Wal-Mart)

I just need to cover my old speaker box so it will match (that thing has been around for a long time)

Edited to get pics to work.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Dude that guy did an AWESOME job with the painting! Like you said he had nothing else to go by and that was a fantastic job!! That looks AMAZING!!

Brad I REALLY have to hand it to you...your interior customizations are way better than even my interior swap! Pfft, you make my interior swap look like sh!t!! LOL

And that is PERFECT how the rear seats fold down like that!!! I didn't know that they did and now it just made that swap 10x cooler!!!

Brad

·
Registered
185 Posts
thats awsome i love that new seating set up in the X..How did you paint your seats and with what.. id liek to two tone my interior also..

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow the console looks so much better!!!

Rob I would hardly say your interior swap looks like sh!t.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
thats awsome i love that new seating set up in the X..How did you paint your seats and with what.. id liek to two tone my interior also..

They are stock two-tone Andrew. They are from the new Mountaineers.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Incredible work Brad! Who says you can't get quad buckets on an XLT Sport! Awesome!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts