Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John I just noticed that for your lowering kit page on Explorer Express that you mention "95-00 2-door Sports with single leaf spring suspension do not require blocks at the rear. These vehicles can be lowered by changing the location of the stock spacer plates."

How do I do this? Is this a better method then using lowering blocks? How come so many people that have 95-00 Sports don't use this and instead use blocks, I guess because they don't know how to do this?

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey rob i haven't done this yet but you just take those 4 spacers on the bottom of leaf spring and move them to the top of the spring and it lowers it like 1-2". i've heard different things like only an inch and even maybe two. i think the spacers are like a half inch thick. im gonna do this in the spring when i do the torsion bar lowering method. i guess people buy blocks cause they get more drop but if u only want like 1 or 1.5 inch drop then go for it cause it doesnt cost anything. and u use the stock U-bolts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh really?! Wow that is fantastic. Because I want 2" drop MAX out of the rear. I am going to try to do this TOMORROW. This is fantastic to discover! Thanks!
:worship:

Anyone else who has more info on this or if you even have experience with it, please let me know!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is there a way to do the same to a 4 door model. I think I remember someone saying that they make special lowering leaf springs, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can't with a four door because they have the dual leaf spring suspension, as do the 01+ Sports.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't have a 95-00 Sport, yes. And that is of course not including bags, etc. as an alternative.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Technically you could swap in monoleafs from a sport and get some drop(I've hear from 1"-3", depending on your stock springs). But then you would get a softer spring=worse ride. There's also drop leaf springs, but again, the ride quality goes down. I'd stick with blocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts