Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hve 1991 Ford Explorer Sport 2Dr. 4x4. I want to lower it but I can only find front lowering springs. I need the rear to be lowered too. If anybody can give me links to websites that carry full lowering kits for that year I would greatly apreciate it. I DON'T WANT AN AIR RIDE SUSPESION, TOO COSTLY FOR ME! Can you also tell me the parts that I would need to lower it? Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey Rev

You have a hard task in front of you. That early 4x4 does not lower easily. Eibach made front lowering springs at one time, but not any more.The rear can easily be lowered with blocks. I tried the Eibach spring on my 1994 XLT 4x4, but the ride was horrible (sorry they are long gone). You may try a company called Godfathers Customs. Your other option would be to convert to 2WD. There are drop spindle twin I-Beam set ups available for 2WD Rangers. It would be a lot of work, but nothing like baggin it. Pickup a copy of Truckin Magazine and check out some of the ads.

·
Registered
174 Posts
John do you know if the ranger drop coils are the same? I imagine that the rate on the X would be stiffer. But possible that ranger drop coils could be used? Just a idea.. As for drop'n a 4x4, 2inches is about all your gonna get. I have a friend that wants to do the same and I guess we need to spend a bit more time and see about a way to get it done. Till then I would say get a 2wheeldrive and drop it 3"... But dont give up that is what makes it great when you do achieve your goal.

Later, RJ68

1 - 3 of 3 Posts