Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new on here and i have a few questions about lowering my 97 sport 4x4:

1)for lowering the rear, how much drop do you get by moving those 4 spacers between the leaf spring and the shock mount to the top of it and is there a big difference between doing this and using lowering blocks?

2)after i take out the torsion bolts completely, i know i have to get it aligned and camber adjusters and probably edelbrock shocks, is there anything else i need to do?

3)do i absolutely have to trim bumpstops?

4)is anyone with a 95-00 sport willing to trade their bigger gray fender flares for my smaller ones? anyone?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Well, i don't personally know the answers to any of your questions , but welcome to the site, you'll probably have all the answers by tommorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
1)....No idea

2) I'm not sure you'd be able to get it fully aligned after taking the bolts completely out. You may still have some camber that can't be adjusted which means early tire wear.

3) Probably, depending on how low you go

4)Not I, maybe someone else

oh yeah, Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Welcome!

I have a 2000 sport 4x4 that I've lowered 3". I used 1"blocks in the rear and removed all but one of the spacers on the bottom of the leaf.

For the front I took my torsion bolts all the way out, then got new doetsh shocks. Then got an alignment with no problems and yah my bumpstops are trimed like an 1".

With it being a 4wd you might want to watch your lower and upper ball joints...just FYI there. I just replaced both mine.

Also I wouldnt go more than 3" in the front on a 4wd. 3 is the most I've seen any 4wd do without having majior front end probs.

Well if you have any more questions let me know.

Good luck!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks rob and explorerchic! i really like both of your sports. yeah i plan on taking my torsion bolts the whole way out so it will probably be between 2"-3". thanks for the link to the lowering guide rob!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
No problem, I hope it helps you and gives you the information you're looking for. Of course welcome and thanks for the compliment! My sport will look drastically better and different within two months! Great to have you aboard!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts