Explorer Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a decal that is the exact same (its authentic) as what are on the XP8's, the one on the fenders that says "RACECRAFT SUSPENSION"....

My question is do you guys think that by putting these on my truck, even though I don't have the Racecraft Suspension, would be "ricey" or just stupid. The bottomline is I know it'll look really sweet, they are silver in color. I'm not a fan of any decals on my truck but this is sweet. What do you guys think? I originally thought when I got the XP8 rear sway bar that it would somewhat be acceptable to put the decals on, but now of course I am not using the XP8 sway bar.

Here's an image of Joe's that shows the decal:

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I believe we went over this, robert.

My opinion stands exactly the same with the cross moginating.

Besides you don't own anything that comes with the racecraft suspension.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Well I'm not a big fan of stickers on cars but, that sticker seems minute enough that it won't take away from the look of your X. Just don't tell anyone that your aren't using a Racecraft suspension and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe we went over this, robert.
Sounds like my dad

My opinion stands exactly the same with the cross moginating.

Besides you don't own anything that comes with the racecraft suspension.

Good point. But it's not like I'm trying to come off as an XP8. Racecraft Suspensions aren't automatically related to Saleen, are they?
: (I dont know, you tell me)

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Racecraft are saleen parts, most are made by other companys, but are built to saleen specs. I believe saleen or authorized dealers is the only place you can get the parts. They just relabel them.

And BTW saleen doesn't give out specs on their setups.

For example: On the stang, i have saleen racecraft lowering springs. They say racecraft on them, but they are really eibachs, difference is, saleen has them make specific rates, and they won't tell you or me what they are.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying that. And to make this clear,

I won't put on the decals.

G

·
Thank you! I think that if you aren't running the parts, you shouldn't be supporting the decals. Cough*John, make some decals that say X-Spec Suspension*Cough

·
Registered
391 Posts
hey Rob, here's an idea, what about taking that decal to a local sign shop, and have them "copy" that design, but change it to something like Explorer X Suspension, or EE Suspension, or Explorer Express Suspension, or something like that? Just an idea.

--Ryan

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thank you! I think that if you aren't running the parts, you shouldn't be supporting the decals. Cough*John, make some decals that say X-Spec Suspension*Cough ?

I have to agree, give credit where credit is due. Your running that fabulous X Spec suspension, so what do you want a crappy Racecraft decal on there for?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey Rob, here's an idea, what about taking that decal to a local sign shop, and have them "copy" that design, but change it to something like Explorer X Suspension, or EE Suspension, or Explorer Express Suspension, or something like that? ?Just an idea.

--Ryan

I would except I've convinced John to come up with X-Spec suspension decals, which will hopefully soon come out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts