Explorer Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Ford Explorer Limited and the radio works I just can’t see what station I’m on I have checked the fuses and changed them

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2000 Ford Explorer Limited and the radio works I just can’t see what station I’m on I have checked the fuses and changed them
I'm not certain which radio you have. A photo would help. In any case, given the age of the vehicle, I'm guessing the display has died. Most likely it is the same unit my 2004 EBauer had, and sported an electroluminescent display.

Your best bet would be to purchase a refurbished replacement radio, or a used radio.. lots of both on Ebay.. They are easy to swap out. There are several on line suppliers that rebuild old radios. Probably cost $200-300 for a refurb. A used, working radio, about $50. Fixing it yourself not an option unless you are a serious electronics tech.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Explorer/ Mountaineer "MACH" players of that generation (like my '98, see image at https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/18YAAOxyBXNSWDOA/s-l500.jpg) have a faulty solder joint on the radio display power circuit board. There is a service on eBay that will replace or fix the board for $179, search eBay for "Ford Explorer Mercury Mountaineer Radio CD Player Mach RDS REPAIR ONLY 98 99 01" or you can buy a fixed board for $15 and replace it yourself, search eBay for "Parts / Repair Ford Radio Display Power Source Board 98-02 from a 1998 Explorer." Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts