Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, when i have my subs in, the back hatch rattles SO BAD :(. I have a 97 XLT and was wondering if any of u had these rattles. (its mostly the door opening mechanism, and the wiper/wiper motor.) do you have any idea on how to fix these rattles? cuz i gotta pimp and its hard with a rattley car ;)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Solution: Tone down the bass, way down. You don't need bass that loud. Really not trying to sound like a jerk, but its just a matter of common sense.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Why do you have to "pimp"? Cut down on the bass. I like bass but I can't stand it when it pours out of the car next to me or when people drive by my house with it pumping out. There is no point to it. It's one of the dumbest things ever. You may be able to hit 149.6 db but damn, not everyone freaking person wants to hear it. Keep it to an enjoyable but lound level and if that is enjoyable to you then you have to deal with the rattles.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Blasting bass soothes me.....I don't have any in my x yet so I'm soothed that often, but my sister's car does.....it's so soothing. 8)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha i love it, i mean when im showing it off and stuff... i dont want it to rattle :( and i dont actually "pimp" haha. just would be nice to be rattle free :(

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
You better start dynamating the whole car then.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
You better start dynamating the whole car then.
:werd:

that will help with the rattles, my roof rack used to do it on my Mountaineer. The rear liscense plate did it real bad, I put some dynamat on the back of the plate and it helped alot.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There are a few things you can do. Some people have wrapped insulation foam or electrical tape around the latch mechanism (this is usually the biggest culprit) and the wiper motor where they attach to the body.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I have to admit, I'm a bit of a basshead myself. I grew up with it and still have it in my blood. I still have to replace my stolen stuff from December, though.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I <3 BASS! muahahahhahahahah
I do too, but not when Im driving. Yes, Im a rare breed of teen, but it just drives me crazy to have that while Im driving. Maybe thats why I havent bought a system :!: Plus I really need the trunk space

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plus I really need the trunk space

yah, i dont need the trunk space. And all i ever grew up with was music, (im gunna be a mechanical engineer with a focus on acoustics) and my dad has a kick ass set up at home, so thats y i need MORE SOUND and less rattles :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
yah, i dont need the trunk space. And all i ever grew up with was music, (im gunna be a mechanical engineer with a focus on acoustics) and my dad has a kick ass set up at home, so thats y i need MORE SOUND and less rattles :)

:stupid: I love music!! Took piano lessons for 14 years, have a baby grand piano in my front room as well. We too have a kick ass system in the house as well as the X now. Gotta have the music. Love bass as well...we have Infinity speakers in the house (that I have to sell ) But we just bought some Bose 601's to replace them...sure won't have the bass we're used to but I guess I'll get used to them.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
[..]

I do too, but not when Im driving. Yes, Im a rare breed of teen, but it just drives me crazy to have that while Im driving. Maybe thats why I havent bought a system :!: Plus I really need the trunk space

I have a system and I can't stand lots of bass while driving either. Well...in town I can but not on the highway. Also, why don'tyou get a stealthbox or Q-Logic custom so you can keep your cargo space?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
:stupid: I love music!! Took piano lessons for 14 years, have a baby grand piano in my front room as well. We too have a kick ass system in the house as well as the X now. Gotta have the music. Love bass as well...we have Infinity speakers in the house (that I have to sell ) But we just bought some Bose 601's to replace them...sure won't have the bass we're used to but I guess I'll get used to them.
I took piano lessons for a while but I never really enjoyed it. The stock bass I think is actually pretty good compared to other cars. I got a system as well for the house with surround sound and a JBL 10" subwoofer. I love the bass!!

I have a system and I can't stand lots of bass while driving either. Well...in town I can but not on the highway. Also, why don'tyou get a stealthbox or Q-Logic custom so you can keep your cargo space?
What exactly is the setup? Also, me and my younger bro are savin up for a fourth car, for him (prob a 98 or newer V8 explorer) so nottin too spendy!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
What exactly is the setup? Also, me and my younger bro are savin up for a fourth car, for him (prob a 98 or newer V8 explorer) so nottin too spendy!

My setup is:

Pioneer DEH-P6400

Pioneer TS-A6867 front

Kenwood KFC-5708c rear

Image Dynamics ID10 V.3 D4 in JL Audio Vantage box

JBL BP300.1 running 2ohms to power sub

Sounds awesome and has plenty of bass and no loss of cargo space (well I did lose a bit because my amp is back there but I'm going to take the fuses out of it so I can stack stuff on top of it when I go to AZ). You can mount the amp whereever you like though. I have pics of my setup in my gallery.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Ill have to check out your pics

I could probably only upgrade the current speakers and I dont think I could have a box anywhere since I usually recline the back seats also. That leaves no room.

I've used that space many times. I had to fit 3 push mowers in there one time, 13 80 lb salt bags, a garden tiller, and many other things so I really dont see a system being in there in the future.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts