Explorer Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anything that can be done to the rear bumper besides a roll pan and besides that 625 dollar ExtremeDimensions rear bumper? did anyone do any other custom work or have any ideas? what about some kind of ranger rear bumper or something

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Well thats kind of a broad question. What do you want to do with the rear bumper, I think thats the real question. And a Ranger bumper (stock) really looks no different then our stock bumper. And other then that for Rangers they just have rollpans. What else do you really want to do? The SALEEN XP8 rear bumper is of course out of the question, but thats the only other thing that comes to my mind.

And of course, anytime you speak of something other then stock, you speak of custom....and custom can be anything, but you're going to pay the price for that as well.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The 97 Mountaineer bumper had red reflectors in it, which I replaced with red fog lights.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't mean a stock kind of bumper. i mean like something like those chevy blazer extremes have or something. i wasn't sure if the ranger body kits had roll pans or what.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
its just because i have the EE airdam and i need something for the back so it looks right

I know what you mean. Maybe try looking through StylinConcepts.com and see what they have available for Rangers...thats my best guess.

·
Registered
107 Posts
just be aware that if you buy a rollpan for the ranger it's not going to bit the curve of your hatch... or at least that's second hand knowledge. i hear the ranger rollpans are flat, while as you know the rear hatch has a slight curve to it. BM did a wonderful job on his rolepan, and i know there's osome dudes over at explorerforum...modding an f150 bumper? maybe monotoning your stock bumper will achieve the look your after? or taking off the plastic on top and welding in all the holes before painting it? just a thought, not sure how that would look...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts