Explorer Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, 2005 EB rear hatch glass will not open. I hear the lock mechanism clicking when I press the button but does not seem to unlock or glass is somehow stuck. Anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey there, 2005 EB rear hatch glass will not open. I hear the lock mechanism clicking when I press the button but does not seem to unlock or glass is somehow stuck. Anyone had this problem?
Same problem on my 98 Explorer, it was like that when I bought it last spring. Don't know if your 3rd gen setup is identical.
No idea how to fix except taking out interior panels and taking switch apart - haven't got around to that.
Want to put a loop or something on the bottom (hatch latch) so I can open the hatch from the inside also. Anyone done that mod?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same problem on my 98 Explorer, it was like that when I bought it last spring. Don't know if your 3rd gen setup is identical.
No idea how to fix except taking out interior panels and taking switch apart - haven't got around to that.
Want to put a loop or something on the bottom (hatch latch) so I can open the hatch from the inside also. Anyone done that mod?
Thanks, and good luck with your repair

1 - 3 of 3 Posts