Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Yesterday we noticed when I turn on the rear hvac system for 2nd and 3rd row it only blows cold no matter where I place the arrow on heat range.
Any idea what might cause this?
From videos online it shows expedition and explorer have rear independent blower in trunk area

·
Registered
16 Posts
You do not say what year and mileage you have on your Explorer or where you are located. This is quite important.

In the rustbelt, the rear heater/AC unit and the piping for coolant and AC refrigerant are prone to corrosion and leaks. My experience also finds that the Blower housing and heater core and evaporator are highly subject to corrosion themselves.

If you have no rear heat, my guess is the rear heater core is plugged up with debris and other corrosion. You will have to replace the entire heater box assembly. A recent 2011 Explorer in my family had no AC. Replacing the AC lines and the heater box assembly came to $2000. The heater box assembly alone was $400 for the part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry 02 explorer from Seattle wa. 120k. No rust anywhere. I found issue. The small gear inside the blend door actuator was stripped. Just received new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts