Explorer Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 2 door 4wd with the single leaf springs. Will 4 door multi-leaf springs work/fit on the 2 doors? Is this a good solution for the 2 doors?
I am also seeing 2 different springs for these. Part # 43-967 is a 1250 lb spring and 43-1159 is a 1100 lb spring.
Any recommendations? Will I be unhappy with the 1250s?
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi k0eb, welcome to the forum!
I have a 2000 Sport, and the rear monoleafs are rated
at 1131 lbs. That's more than the 1100 lb springs, therefore
I would go with the 1250 lb springs. They will be a bit firmer,
but IMHO that's what our Sports need. Ford intentionally
installed the weaker monoleafs in the 2dr Sports to get a
softer ride. The 4dr multi-leafs will fit fine, and they're a good
upgrade.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TheLoneRanger. I appreciate your response and the specs on those mono-leaf springs. I will go ahead and get the 1250 lb springs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You're welcome k0eb. Please post back the results, as I'm
considering replacing my add-a-leafs with the spring packs.

(The AALs do a good job of firming up the rear suspension,
but the 1250 lb spring packs would be my choice now...)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed the F-code multi-leaf's on my 96 Sport and they did great. Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I ended up getting the stock 1100 lb. springs (part # 43-1159 at the spring shops, 3+1 leaves) because the 1250 lb. springs were over axle springs and I did not want to mess with that. The 43-1159s did firm up the ride but they did not add any lift. I also bought some extended rear shackles which will add a bit of lift. I will post again when I get them on and if I need to change anything on the front suspension to accommodate the rear lift.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good afternoon. Guys, my post is a little off-topic, but I still wanted to ask. Do you think it is possible to save or earn money on cryptocurrency? Should I choose this service to Buy cryptocurrency on Switchere.com? Will they ask me to go through the verification process on this service? So I can not count on anonymity? Will the Switchere.com platform require passport details and other personal information?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts