Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my shocks from EE today now all i gotta do is lower it, put them on, my rims are coming this week and the tires are on back order so they will be here next week i think, and get it aligned. i can't wait. i'll post pics as soon as its all done

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well,

How do you Edelbrocks stack up?

I threw mine in the trash less than six months after purchasing them.

Rob also is not pleased.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
If I get shocks, I am going to need some real durable ones, because the roads arounde here are crap. I need an suv to drive around town. Potholes galore.

Bilstein or Edelbrock? Which lasts longer.....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well its been like 2 months for mine and they are fine so far. but i think i need a swaybar. my X has been in a garage for over 2 weeks now because 2 head gaskets were leaking. should get it back this week

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If you want to waste $70 per shock just to own the Edelbrock IAS shocks then go for it
:

Sarek's chart even shows the Edelbrock’s are to soft, "show little compression control" and if you throw on a set of heavier tire's & rims

It's a shame the chart didn't mention the Bilstein’s

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you want to waste $70 per shock just to own the Edelbrock IAS shocks then go for it
: ?

Sarek's chart even shows the Edelbrock’s are to soft, "show little compression control" and if you throw on a set of heavier tire's & rims ?
?

It's a shame the chart didn't mention the Bilstein’s

I dont see why you are giving this guy a hard time.. especially considering he ALREADY bought them. Its one thing to offer advice to someone when they are looking to buy, but to jump in after that have bought it, and then call it crap.... Well its pretty rude.

I happen to be satisfied with mine, and i guess if he is happy with his, well that is all that matters.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If I get shocks, I am going to need some real durable ones, because the roads arounde here are crap. ?I need an suv to drive around town. ?Potholes galore.

Bilstein or Edelbrock? ?Which lasts longer.....

Wasn't meaning to be rude and if I offended anyone I apologize. (head hung low)

I was responding to 99sport's query, if I was to ask anyone on this forum about the quality of a product, I sure hope they will be honest and give me honest assessment if the have any hands on knowledge about said product. Edelbock shocks have a great write but once you purchase them and mount them on your ride they don't live up to the ride and the quality they are assured of. And when you contact Edelbrocks customer service expect a run around. I speak through experience.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Im not saying your opinion isnt valued. Its just not something that is all that helpfull once somebody had already purchased the product. Again, Im satisfied with mine completely... maybe i had less expectations?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah im satisfied with mine also and i have 20s. but lets face it, explorers have a crappy ride even when they are stock. lowering mine with 20s actually feels better than stock.

·
Registered
859 Posts
So which shocks are best for lower Explorer?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Thanks for you answer.

·
Registered
859 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts