Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rob: I was curious if we can link pictures from our uploads folder? I guess I am asking because I tried this and it worked, but now it doesn't. Pictures I linked within the ExplorerX site work, but a couple of pics I posted on another site don't work anymore. Is this activity frowned upon in the same manner that all the other photo hosts do? I need storage space I can link to, so if anyone has any suggestions????

Thanks.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, sorry I missed that! Not sure how since it was a sticky at the top of a forum???? :roll: I've been busy and haven't been around much/nor paying attention to much lately!

Do you know of ANY photo hosts that still alow remote linking?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Imagestation? Or did they stop that as well?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I used to use until they got wise.

Hey, I have another problem! I'm not getting any emails in response to topics I have posted in. I never "unsubscribe" to any, but either way, I'm not getting ANY email regarding any post! I didn't know you replyed to this one unless I went to the site and checked the topic.

Any idea what is going on?? This sucks because I don't know what is going on at ExplorerX!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Any idea what is going on?? This sucks because I don't know what is going on at ExplorerX!

Crap, now you and Susie have this problem. I really don't know whats going on!! Let me fuss around with some settings...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gee at least I'm not alone! (No offense Susie, maybe we are just too cool! :roll: )

Thanks again Rob, for all of your trouble shooting help!

(Oh, yeah, I had to just check the topic again to se your response.)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
But I have been trying everything to get them back again. Removing the check out of the notice box, logging off and then re-logging on and checking the box again but nothing seems to work

That won't fix it, its something on the server. I didn't change any settings and then I tried another alternative to get it to work and it still does not work. I'm really lost on this. I do not know why it just stopped working.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And then there were three...........

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey, I just got an e-mail so it must be fixed now....

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Remote linking from our uploads?" at ExplorerX.com. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://ExplorerX.com/modules.php?name=Foru...c&p=20120#20120

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://ExplorerX.com/modules.php?name=Foru...4&unwatch=topic

-- ?

Thanks, ?

[email protected]

Is it working for anyone else now?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Ok its definitely working for me, I just a topic reply notification e-mail again because of your reply Susie...

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Remote linking from our uploads?" at ExplorerX.com. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://ExplorerX.com/modules.php?name=Foru...c&p=20162#20162

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://ExplorerX.com/modules.php?name=Foru...4&unwatch=topic

-- ?

Thanks, ?

[email protected]

Make sure you check in you next reply to "notify me when a reply is posted" and it should work.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Odd, I just received another e-mail because of your latest reply...I really don't know what to say now because obviously its setup right on the server end, otherwise I wouldn't be receiving the e-mails...

Maybe your e-mail server has some sort of lag? I don't know...not all e-mail hosts are automatic

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Your right but it always has been just as quick as the reply's before....I'll keep my fingers crossed
Don't worry, I definitely want to solve this problem! I will keep troubleshooting and cross my fingers as well...

·
Registered
268 Posts
While we are on the notification problem, I am not getting email notification for new PM's and I was up until a week or so ago. I'm not subscribed to any threads so I'm not sure if that is working for me or not.

Chad

1 - 20 of 55 Posts