Explorer Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine broke off and I bought a new one today, how do I go about replacing it ?? Can someone post a Haynes manual type thing or utleast explain to me what has to be done to swap out the whole mirror ?? Do I have to take the door panel off ??
:

Thxs in advance guys!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Door Trim Remove

Front, Explorer Hi-Series, Two-Door and Four-Door

Removal and Installation

1. Remove the two screws retaining thefront door trim panel located above thewindow regulator handle. Also remove one screw in the upper front portion offront door trim panel.

2. Remove inside door handle cup at thewindow regulator handle using a screwdriver or sharp object. Retention nibs will flex for easy removal.

3. To remove window regulator control switch andoutside rear view mirror control (17B676), use notch located at lower end of outside rear view mirror control using a screwdriver to lift and remove.

4. Remove outside rear view mirror control fromfront door trim panel pulling wire harness from inside of front door trim panel.

5. From bottom of outside rear view mirror control, remove two screws and disconnect connector from switches.

6. NOTE: Do not pull on the front door trim panel to remove clips from the inner panel holes.

NOTE: Pay special attention to the cutout in thefront door trim panel for the inside door handle (22600), so that it clears the inside door handle during removal without breakage.

At each plastic clip location, pry the front door trim panel away from the door inner panel using the front door trim panel removing tool from Rotunda Windshield and Moulding/Trim Removal Kit 107-R0401 or equivalent.

7. NOTE: When removing the front door trim panel make sure to lift panel at least 39mm (1.5 inch) or more so hidden lower trim hooks clear completely before removal. Failure to lift panel 39mm (1.5 inch) or more may cause the trim hooks to break.

To remove panel (after wiring and disengagement of trim clips is complete), lift panel slightly to remove flange at the top of door trim panel from trough in the glass weatherstrip.

8. Disconnect socket and bulb from illuminatedinterior lamp (13776) before total removal of front door trim panel.

For installation, follow removal procedures in reverse order. Replace any bent, damaged or missing plastic clips on the front door trim panel to thefront door trim panel, firmly loading clips into slots provided onfront door trim panel.

Mirror, Power, Outside Rearview Explorer

Removal

1. Remove the door trim panel, door speaker and peel back the water shield if necessary to gain access to the mirror wiring connector and mirror attaching nuts.

2. Disconnect the wiring connector.

3. Remove the three nuts attaching the mirror to the door.

4. Pull mirror away from the door while guiding the wiring out of the door

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Damn that sucks. You should of called me. I have taken off my door trim and etc 500 times! Did the directions help? I got it out of my ford explorer software

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately I didnt read your responce until after I did the removal ...

It would have helped me but oh well ... Thxs anyways boss!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mirror fell off ... thats all. If you want it pay for shipping and its yours. If not ill just be trashing it.

AL

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
OK I need help removing the mirrors on both sides. The Autozone link does me absolutely no good. I can unbolt the mirror in just a few minutes, the problem is the damn cables/wiring that is attached to the mirror. How do I get it off? That long post Matt posted above doesn't help either. Does anyone have any actual REAL experience removing these mirrors that could help? Because so far these guides aren't helping remove the wiring whatsoever and they got to come off.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hmm...no I didn't remove the speaker, didn't know I was supposed to
I will try this tomorrow morning....THANKS!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Ahhh....thanks TAS and 99SportX, MUCH appreciated!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts