Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in an effort to really clean up the image of my truck and in preperation for a whole LIST of mods that are coming up for my truck in the next ~30 days, I will be finally removing the ventvisors from my truck.

I never wanted to remove them but I'm starting to look at them more as "stick on plastic" and not an actual useful accessory. I don't smoke so I don't need them; it's nice to have my windows open a crack when its raining out but often times when I am on the road for something like that I am on the highway and I usually don't like to leave my windows open much because of the wind noise.

A clean looking black Explorer with no ventvisors just looks a heck of a lot sleeker. Observe:

See what I mean? A lot sleeker looking. Just my 2 cents, not sure if anyone cares.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob I've never liked vent visors. I think that's great that you are wanting to remove them from your X. It will make it look so much better.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
thats cool...mine are going to stay on...eh you'll have to pry them out of my cold dead hands
eh besides my tint is so dark you cant really notice them 8)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Mine are never coming off. It's just too damn hot down here in the summer not to leave the windows cracked and it rains almost every day.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i threw mine off over the summer, once u get used to it ts really not that bad, plus it cleans up the look

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dammit I forgot about the whole leaving the windows cracked thing during summer. Oh well. :roll:

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Sorry you feel that way TAS, i like your x already, but with the clean/sleek theme that you have going their removal would make it look even better. Kinda of like that black one that rob posted earlier.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry you feel that way TAS, i like your x already, but with the clean/sleek theme that you have going their removal would make it look even better. ?Kinda of like that black one that rob posted earlier.
To be honest, I never even noticed Ted even had ventvisors on his Explorer. I guess his monotone paint, front end, and rims were enough of a distraction. I like his truck just fine the way it is, but I guess removing the ventvisors would be a nice trick.

And you know what's really weird? For whatever reason in the truck in the first picture, the stock corner lights don't even look bad. It actually looks good. I swear I've had exceptional luck with my current set of clears, but if those go to hell then I might just replace my corner lights with the stock amber ones. It's really strange because I swore I'd never say that. But I don't know

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Sorry you feel that way TAS, i like your x already, but with the clean/sleek theme that you have going their removal would make it look even better. ?Kinda of like that black one that rob posted earlier.
Yeah, I'll get around to removing them one of these days. I put them on because I use to travel alot and liked to have the windows cracked for fresh air. If anybody has had a truck full of snowboarding buddies you know what I mean. :uhoh:

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Well, rarely is anyone in my backseats, but i use the sunroof for fresh air, and if it's hot out, i have the a/c blasting. So i really don't want the windows cracked.

I'm a windows down or windows up type of guy, there's no inbetween.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[..]

If anybody has had a truck full of snowboarding buddies you know what I mean. :uhoh:

yes...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, rarely is anyone in my backseats, but i use the sunroof for fresh air, and if it's hot out, i have the a/c blasting. ?So i really don't want the windows cracked.

I'm a windows down or windows up type of guy, there's no inbetween.

See, I need a sunroof. That's my problem. I will eventually get one but thats ~600 bucks and right now I have more important things to spend that on. Once I get that then ventvisors are even more pointless.

G

·
got the sun roof...but love the vent shades....i've seen what heat does to leather and i'm not cooking mine screw that....but thats my opinion....thats all that matters....

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I can't really see how the ventvisors protect much from the sun? Maybe a little, but that's about it. Most sun damage comes through the winshield.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
He's just talking about the heat, I assume, not direct sunlight. I know what you mean frick, because after the X sits for a while on a hot day it almost smells like cooked leather.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts