Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paint remaining gray trim black to match

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you know my intention is to paint the remaining gray trim black. But to be honest I know it would look much better completely black, but I'm really beginning to wonder if I should even do anything else to my Explorer....period.

See, here's my thinking: I really like the way the black shines but also contrasts with the gray fender trim that more or less matches the gray on my Cobra R's. I just think it almost looks like my Cobra R's were meant to be on my Explorer stock because it flows so well. Going all black wouldn't give me that look anymore.

I don't know, it almost seems like the monotoned front end was enough for me to be happy with the way it looks. Doing the rest black would be nice, but doesn't even seem "necessary" anymore. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Rob I completely agree with you. Call me crazy but I have ALWAYS liked the look of the two tone flares on the sports. I say keep it like it is.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I see what your saying Rob. Of course the grey isnt ugly or anything, but I think it would look better black. Painting would really help the look were the front flare meets the bumper. I think it would look better with one color all around. If its worth it to you to pay for it, I vote paint it

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So much for no more mods for a year, huh.

Anyway, i say paint it.
I never said I could paint the gray trim black right now. At the minimum it would be a year before I could do that. But what I'm saying is, I'm beginning to say why bother even painting the rest. And the only reason why I was able to get the black airdam is because JSSONG was selling his X and so I essentially "traded" my primered airdam that I sold to Ally and used that money to buy JSSONG's airdam. Thus, I didn't even have to spend a dollar.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see what your saying Rob. Of course the grey isnt ugly or anything, but I think it would look better black. Painting would really help the look were the front flare meets the bumper. I think it would look better with one color all around. If its worth it to you to pay for it, I vote paint it
I could paint the rest, but it'd be a year from now at the minimum. I'm saying though that at that point I would only have the Explorer for about 3 more years, and I'm tempted to just say the hell with it.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Paint it man. You are very contradictory when it comes to mods, but I guess you have your share of things going on right now.

The bumper looks so much shinier than your body paint.

I have never seen a monotone blue explorer on this site. It will be a first. 8)

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Paint it man. If you don't that's like the ricers getting their body kits and saying they'll paint it but they never do. Keep your original plan and paint the trim in a year.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have never seen a monotone blue explorer on this site. ?It will be a first. ?8)

I always thought i had a monotoned Blue Explorer... I guess nobody notices me :-/

Rob- i think it would look good either way. I see what u r saying about the grey flowing well with the wheels.. but at the same time a full black monotoned job looks awesome as well.. Its really a matter of preference.. Not that this helps with yer decision any.. But either way you choose, I think it will look awesome.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
AnabolicFrolic, Sorry man, I wasn't thinking when I said the only one. I meant the only sport.
We all notice you, but sometimes I forget about these things. When I see a pic of your truck, I think AnabolicFrolic 8)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Paint it man. ?If you don't that's like the ricers getting their body kits and saying they'll paint it but they never do. ?Keep your original plan and paint the trim in a year.
Ok if my gray trim was primer then maybe that would apply but I think thats a pretty drastic "different" type of scenario. But I know what you're saying.

I will probably have the rest painted, but I don't know. It's going to be the last mod.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[..]it's going to be the last mod.

sure it is
No it really will, because in about 3 years I'm either going to own a Mustang Cobra, Subaru WRX, or something to that nature. I would rather save the money for the replacement.

Also I decided that I will paint the remainder trim + rear bumper black. But again this will be the last mod.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts