Explorer Talk banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I *finally* got some nice shots of my EX, worthy to show all of you! Tell me what you think:

EDIT: images no longer available, see my gallery:

http://forums.explorertalk.com/index.php?act=...w_album&album=1

Tell me what you think, sorry for all the pics! Just havent ever had any real good shots of my truck, especially in the condition it's in now.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you like how i put the emblem on the front grill? Some people say that it doesnt look good at all that way, that it takes away from the clean look...i like it a lot tho...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the emblem in the grill. ?I am a Ford Fanitic and think the Blue Oval should be worn with pride!

Well, I can see the argument for desiring a "clean" look. But on the other hand, I really think on my truck for example, keeping the emblem looks really good. On a fourth gen, I'm not so sure how good that would look (for one thing, I dont really care for the general look of some 4th gen billet grills).

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks man
same with yours

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Hey Rob sweet lookin X!! The placement of the front emblem is awsome!! I must admit I didn't like it at first but now i've changed my mind. Definately looks sweet!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool
Yeah sometimes I think, "I should've left it off" and other times I'm glad I have it placed where I do. I guess more or less I'd rather be unique. I like the emblem there; if I ever seriously change my mind for whatever reason (I dont know why I would
) I can always take it off.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I was planning on keeping it there. I mean I like the way it looks, thus the reason I put it there in the first place.

My upcoming mods are definitely going to be:

- Rims (18's or 20's we'll see)

- Paint body moldings black

- Do something with the front end (possibly that bumper from the other thread)

- Get darker tint on all other windows besides front two (driver + passenger)

- Completely upgrade suspension...lower, new shocks, bushings, anti-sway bar

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob when you get all those others things done to your X it will look really good. I bet you can't wait until you get all those things.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh hell yeah. It's just a matter of time and money. I have a lot of money in "reserves" right now that I'm building for college or any other related expenses. I haven't had any expenses yet thus far that is anything worth noting, so we'll see what happens. By spring time I will no doubt have enough money for rims and maybe even the suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
your X looks amazing Rob, im liking it...alot
Thanks man. I really REALLY cant wait to put my rims on, lower my ride, and stuff like that.

This weekend I'll be shaving my emblems off, and tinting the yellow turn signal portion red.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob I can't wait to see your rig shaved. It should look great!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well today I was able to take off my bug guard and shave my rear emblems! It looks FANTASTIC! I will have pictures tomorrow evening, I apologise for the 'tease' here!

I was not able to tint the yellow part of my taillights red while I was down here because of the weather (as we speak it is pouring here and it needs to cure). However I am bringing the tint back up there with me, (the weather there, despite winter, is gorgeous) so I will definitely tint my tails first chance I get.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah the time has come! It looks so much better without the bug guard and emblems, I don't know why it took me so long to remove them! Next up is definitely tinting the orange portion of the taillights to red 8)

Additionally it's worth mentioning that I mentioned in a post somewhere on this forum that unfortunately the previous owner of my Explorer obviously never waxed it, and loved to go through automatic car washes :roll: because there was significant swirls on the sides of the car (and the lower part of the doors were "rough").

I finally used a really good clay bar and Mothers carnuba wax, and WOW!!!! What a difference! Even the hood looks absolutely fabulous - looks like it was just painted! I can't wait to clay and wax my car again, using Mothers!

Look at that reflection, smoothness, and shine people! It didn't even look anything close to this when I picked it up from the dealership (and it was really clean then)!!!

Mothers

Tell me what you think!

1 - 20 of 119 Posts