19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice. I just got a bolt-in roofmount LCD system:

Only difference is it'll be black not biege. The kit includes:

- Overhead console with membrane switch panel

- Audio/video wiring harness

- FM Modulator: plays audio through factory sound system

- Rosen Traveler Roofmount LCD

It's a "no-name" LCD screen, but who cares. Worse comes to worse I will just swap out the LCD screen. Accomodates sunroof or no sunroof. I plan on hooking up my PS2 in here. I got a killer deal on it so that's really the only reason why I bought it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
8O that is sweet
Thats cool that it can be used with or without sunroof.

Rob dose youres have a sunroof?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thats cool, I was thinking of getting one of those, but I havent seen one that doesnt come with a dvd player, and those are like $1000. Where did you find just the LCD system.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That's cool
but how often do you sit in back and play PS2?
:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt thats good to know that Rosen isn't
:D It sounds stupid but this is more to just have then to really use. But I've always wanted one, and for the times that will come when I want to use it, I can.
Obviously I won't be driving down the road and say "you know, lets place some Vice City."

dwtc, I don't have a sunroof. Yet. I want to get one eventually.

Jezzie, eBay is your friend.

Edit: And the cool thing too that I like about this is that it more or less looks factory. It looks like it was a factory option, and not a blatant aftermarket mod. So that's also cool with me

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm eventually going to get an Alpine in-dash flip out LCD screen, this is just going to be for the roof. I won't get LCD screens in the back of the seats because there are no headrests and it would just look stupid and out of place. I wish I had the new Sport interior that the 01+ have. Maybe someday I'll swap out my interior for the 01+ Sport interior.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow I got it today and even a day early! Sweet. I also just missed the UPS guy for my Pirelli tires, dammit :sad: Oh well. And my new rear seats come Friday at the latest! I will post pictures of this new unit, it is totally awesome. For the price I paid it is a killer unit! I paid a quarter of the price that I should've. I'm not going to bother installing this though until I get my Explorer out of the body shop.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going to mount it inside my center console....don't want people to see it!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I was thinking the same thing but didnt know if it would fit. are you gonna have to cut or will it fit in there without cutting??

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was thinking the same thing but didnt know if it would fit. ?are you gonna have to cut or will it fit in there without cutting??

I hope without cutting but now that I take a harder look at the PS2, I have a feeling no
Maybe I will just get an external DVD player. But at this rate maybe I will just wait until I have enough money for an in-dash LCD player that has a built in DVD player....so that means no sooner then next christmas
I'd rather wait and get a "real" setup though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts