Explorer Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a tutorial or anything on installing the cam kit for a '99 X Sport? I got my cams delivered and I'd like to install them myself and roughly align them so that I can drive it to get a professional alignment.

I've heard mixed stories about the difficulty in installation. Some say it was easy and some say it was tuff.

Also, what's the technique for turning the cams to get the wheels into a rough alignment? I've heard that I can use a magnetic angle finder (attached to the rotor) to get a close-to-oem adjustment after jacking up the suspension to the proper ride height.

P.S. There must have been a way to aligh wheels before lasers existed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you purchased the lowering kit from us, there are detailed instructions on how to install the camber adjusters. There is a pretty good installation article on EF. It is not that difficult to do. Basicaly you remove the stock plates at the front and rear of the upper controll arms and install the new pieces. Rotate them inward as much as possible and drive to the alignment shop ASAP. You could also have the alignment shop install the camber adjusters before they do the alignment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts