1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the side decals on Saleen XP8's and Mustangs...as shown below:

<center>
</center>

I am curious if I buy these and put them on my truck, and obviously not put on the "SALEEN" part, i.e. just keep the side graphics, what do you think about this?

Keep in mind I will have sideskirts on, front airdam, monotone paint job so I will have "the looks" to back it up, i.e. its not like I just have a stock looking Explorer and slap them on. I think they provide a look that I like and are not "ricey" or over the top.

Joe do you know anywhere I could get them cheaper then what Saleen.com sells them for?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think they would look ALRIGHT, its hard to visualize though. But you know what might look badass behind that decal though? What about somehow putting Explorer behind the graphic instead of Saleen, in the same font type as the Saleen graphic?? I think that would look cool, of course the letters would have to be spaced closer together, but I mean, it would be cool, original, and new!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you're right and onto something. I realized paying $100+ for two rectangles wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i think though, that if you can figure out a way to put Explorer behind it, instead of Saleen, that it'd be worth it and look good too. that's just my $.02 though.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I agree with muncheese!!!!!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
No cross moginating, you have a cobra theme, not a saleen theme.

People that know both will say look at this idiot, and i'll be one of them.

If you had saleen wheels, it would be a different story.

ebay for them cheaper, but it will still cost you about 75, and then 75 for a new set when you fudge them up. I was putting a set on my mustang like 2 years ago, the wind blew, and basically they stuck to everything they touched.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bah forget it then...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, you're right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts