Explorer Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my interior paneling off to install Dynamat and now I am at the point were I am going to put the panel back on but the seatbelt will not unroll. I can't get the panel on cause theres not enough slack in the belt and the belt won't budge!!??

Does anyone know how I can get the belt to unroll???

Thanks

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
there should be something on the side where the belt rolls up that you can push on, if there isnt then if you can unbolt the seatbelt and loosted up the belt then it should start working again. There is a counter weight inside there that locks the blet, if it gets over extednded of bumped it will lock, you will need to be able to release the tension on the belt so that it will move back in and release the counter weight. I hope this will help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, the good news is I found a way to unlock the belt. I found this out on the passenger side belt. Now the bad news is I found this out way to late because in my frustration I dropped the driver side belt assembly breaking the plastic cover rendering the belt useless.

But, basically, stand up with the assmebly hanging down and start playing with it like a Yo-Yo. That moves the counter weight enough for the belt to unroll.

So, I just ordered a new Retractor Assembly for 60 bucks. Mistakes always end up hurting the pocket it seems:(. Oh well, lesson learned----> don't mess with Seatbelts!!!

The inside just if your curious

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups...6750DCP0008.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts