Explorer Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently bought a 98 explorer with 5.0 to make into a trail rig. It has 117k miles and its suppose to have a bad transmission. So it's been setting a few years without a battery in it. Found a transmission leak on the cooler line and it's about out of tranny fluid.so I fixed it and dropped a battery in it. Turns over it no fire and the security light is flashing rapidly. Does anyone know a way to reset the security system. Thank you. When I get it running plan on swapping transfer case with a manual shift one and putting on small lift. Can't wait to play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You maybe able to bypass it get look up anti theft systems bypass see what it’s shitting off mine was the starter and my injectors I just took it to ford only 250 for the 2 brand new keys and for them to reset it that’s your best bet

·
Registered
34 Posts
Stolen from Cargurus.com reply from Sandra regarding no atart and flashing security light:
A SOLUTION!!!!!! THIS WORKED FOR US TODAY! Try turning the key and moving the shift from park to drive and back. Then try starting it again! It should start. We were ready to call a tow truck before trying this. It worked. Saved time and money!

I have no idea if this will work but worth a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts