Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I saw this picture, it truly stunned me by how GOOD you can really make a two-tone look....with the appropriate modifications:

I know monotoned would look incredible, maybe just as good or better...but seriously I am really really impressed by this shot. I have no idea whose Explorer this is but I remember seeing a member post about getting those wheels for his Explorer so this must be his. So first of all I give major props to the owner of this Explorer.

But second like I said, I really can't get over how good this looks. I look at it like this: it'd save me a ton of money (duh) and I would have a look that I would appreciate probably just as much.

But seriously guys I'd like input...am I alone on this? Or does this really look as good as what I'm saying it is....

BTW I voted "can't decide" because I'm very indecesive, as you all know by now :roll:

EDIT: Here's a monotoned version (photochop):

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I really like the looks of that X, I actualy think youres was looking good in the pics that you took when you were at youre sisters house. It would look good eather way but the one in that pic just looks real good for some reason.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the looks of that X, I actualy think youres was looking good in the pics that you took when you were at youre sisters house. It would look good eather way but the one in that pic just looks real good for some reason.
:word: I really liked those pictures as well. Even though it was an overcast day it really brought out a deep shine in the paint and overall they were just good shots despite a crappy location.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, want to know the other really funny thing? Awhile ago I had a poll on my CarDomain page which I let run for awhile. It asked, "what do you tihnk will look better, monotoned or 2-tone" and the majority of the votes (75%+) were for the 2-tone. Honestly I was very surprised.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a photochop of it completely monotoned:

Also I removed my running boards, I couldn't stand them...just FYI.

I would have to agree it would look good either way. For one thing, you don't have that ugly plastic trim that I had before I painted. BTW, what wheels are those?
Ted I don't know but I think theres a thread on them in the Wheels/Tread forum.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Crap it looks really good both ways
: I guess it's just a good looking X to begin with.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crap it looks really good both ways
: I guess it's just a good looking X to begin with.
Thats my exact thinking. So I think, well, obviously either way I go I'll be happy. So why not save a bunch of money in the process? But another part of me says, for a couple hundred more I could have a more "custom" look....plus it'd just be all black. I really can't make up my mind...hopefully some of you will be able to make up my mind

·
Registered
170 Posts
i personaly like 2 tone..i have wanted to go 2 tone for some time but i don't know how it would turn out..and i really like all green

your truck all black look's to FBI-ish if you get my drift so i say leave it 2 tone i really love 2 tone..another reson i love my dad's EX so much 2TONE!!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
It looks ok. I love the monotone look much more though. Either way you go I will like it but I favor the monotone over the two-tone.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Rob I own a two tone X and have wished that it was one color for a few years now. I say flip a coin.

You have the carbon fiber mirrors on it right? They show a slight grey, You have the carbon fiber interior trim pieces as well, maybe that with the two tone look would set it off. Just presenting options check as many as you can before you take that leap.

Now if you are going for the FBI look then you need to throw some lights in the front end.

·
Registered
303 Posts
yeah thats snakebytes X i think. that looks pretty damn good. Im voting for two tone. I think it looks great like that as long as the bumpers and everything are the same color just like that one.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Damn Rob, your head is gonna explode trying to figure this one out!
It really does look good either way, and the saving money route may make more sense in the end. Especially when the day comes to get rid of the X. All that mod money won't mean a thing. I say save the cash and keep it like it is. Of course you and snakebite will have very similar trucks!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
snakebytes X look very good but I prefer the monotone look. Like other have said it looks more custom. So spend the cash and get it painted already

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
At least you are researching before you buy this time, i guess you are learning.

I still same paint it to match.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts